SENIOR SUPPLY CHAIN PROFESSIONAL Role Summary We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Senior Supply Chain Professional. The role will be an initial 6-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work on the Supply Chain for some of the most critical Naval and Maritime Defence projects in the world at one of the busiest Naval Bases in the UK.
SENIOR SUPPLY CHAIN PROFESSIONAL
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Senior Supply Chain Professional.
The role will be an initial 6-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work on the Supply Chain for some of the most critical Naval and Maritime Defence projects in the world at one of the busiest Naval Bases in the UK.
- Develop relationships with key project personnel to become the supply Chain ‘Point of Contact’ for the project teams.To attend key Project lifecyle ‘gate reviews’ and other review meeting as deemed appropriate.
- Develops and applies procurement processes within E&ES to source services and goods, for both routine purchases and those requiring an element of contract management.
- Works with other functional representatives and/or customers and suppliers to meet operational needs of line management and the business, and to ensure that quality, cost and delivery considerations are factored into procurement decisions
- Supports the development and implementation of supplier management plans for key/Strategic suppliers including partnering strategies, risk and opportunity management and stakeholder management.
- Supports the planning of E&DS procurement activity in conjunction with technical and Project Management teams making sure timescales and lead times are embedded in the project plan.
- Ensures full compliance with BAE Systems Maritime Services Supply Chain processes, policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all purchases are made using online tools and the ERP system (SAP) in compliance with Supply Chain procedures and best practice.
- Ensures that hard and soft deliverables are made on time and in full and to the correct quality standards. Identifies potential risks and issues and works with the wider team to find resolutions.
- Work with the Supply Chain team to develop a communications structure to manage Supply Chain status, performance, and critical issues management within a project and functional management structure.
- Provides visible active commitment to SHE and Quality.
- Supports the drive for continuous performance through LfE and wider transformational activity within E&DS and the E&DS Supply Chain team.
Key skills & qualifications
- Requires a solid professional knowledge and understanding of Procurement and Supply Chain management principles and practices, including an understanding of the impact and implications of decisions made to stakeholders and suppliers
- Has solid professional knowledge and understanding of BAE Procurement online tools and the ERP system (SAP)
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £36.80 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.