Opportunity for a Materials Controller with a growing organisation in the Defence sector. Experience in the defence sector and in particular electronic spares, kit marshalling and putting kit together ideal.
Opportunity for a Materials Controller with a growing organisation in the Defence sector. Role will be based out of their offices near Fareham.
Experience in the defence sector and in particular electronic spares, kit marshalling and putting kit together ideal.
In this role you will be responsible for materials control, working to BOM’s/ works orders you will pick and pack electronic spares as required bagging and tagging items. Working on good in and goods out.
This role will be working on government funded/ MOD contracts and current SC clearance or eligibility for SC Clearance and background checks is essential.
Class B forklift Truck licence desirable but can also be trained.
Duties will include:
- Receiving goods in to the business
- Updating records in the ERP system and MOD Public Stores Account
- Defence goods in/out process and applicable Defence Standards, recording serial and batch numbers
- Organising stock on shelves and bins
- Place stock in designated areas for ongoing projects
- Monthly stock take and reconciliation of stock
- Arranging repairs and returns with manufacturers and suppliers
- pick and pack items working to BOM’s/ work orders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proven warehouse experience in an engineering/ manufacturing environment – defence ideal and experience with electronic spare ideal
- Preferably a minimum of CILT level 2
- Holding current SC or eligible for SC Clearance and happy to undergo background checks and verification
- Hold a valid UK driving license and Class B1 fork truck License (desirable)
Materials Controller: Logistics, warehouse, goods in/ goods out, picking and packing, defence, engineering
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3 Recruitment, industry news and updates, check out our new website, follow our aap3 Defence & Aerospace Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment