Senior Professional - Supply Chain Role Summary We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Senior Professional - Supply Chain. The role will be an initial 6-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work for our major defence client in the Maritime sector.
Senior Professional – Supply Chain
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Senior Professional – Supply Chain.
The role will be an initial 6-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work for our major defence client in the Maritime sector.
- Establish & maintain accurate forecasts for supplier document deliveries, based on equipment maturity and supplier practicalities, for assigned Procurement Packs.
- Act as Comments Consolidator for Support CDRLs (for assigned suppliers and Procurement Packs), liaising with reviewers, suppliers and the engineering teams to achieve ontime, quality deliveries
- Continuously improve the processes relating to Supplier CDRLs Procurement Activities
- Plan procurements, including:
- Working with the teams and other stakeholders, to recommend or influence make/buy and sourcing solutions
- Identification of suppliers, including running competitions and gaining supplier approval where appropriate
- Flow down of appropriate terms and conditions
- Developing a negotiating strategy
- Place subcontracts, direct to the Maritime Services supply chain.
- Review and manage the supplier performance, manage change and maintain relationships.
Key skills & qualifications
- Requires professional knowledge and understanding of Procurement principles and practices, including an understanding of the impact and implications of decisions made across the wider Supply Chain
- Works with other functional representatives and/or customers and suppliers to meet operational needs of line management and the business. Typically this role would also be involved in roll-out and management of supply chain processes and technologies.
- Leading teams that maintain and update infrastructure and processes and transport management, as well as leading cross-functional teams to optimise these and implement improvements.
- Will have an in-depth understanding of how the teams co-ordinate their efforts and resources to achieve shared objectives.
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £36.80 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.