Material Provision Co-Ordinator Role Summary We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Material Provision Co-Ordinator. The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to ensure that all materials and tooling at the pre-production phase are identified, kitted and available to allow work to be passed to production. This role will co-ordinate and work collaboratively with the stores and supply chain team.
Material Provision Co-Ordinator
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Material Provision Co-Ordinator.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to ensure that all materials and tooling at the pre-production phase are identified, kitted and available to allow work to be passed to production. This role will co-ordinate and work collaboratively with the stores and supply chain team.
- Accountable for pre-production checks to ensure right materials and tooling is assigned to work orders that enable Team Leaders to allow first time execution of work.
- Ownerships for kitting materials to work orders in the lay apart areas so materials are in hand and not just shown on IFS. Deliver kitted work orders to the receipt and despatch area of the project.
- When materials are MSM work collaboratively with MoD team so these are collected from the ship and kitted as part of the kitting and pre-production checks process.
- Accountable for maintaining and monitoring both the consumable containers and forward spares lockers.
- Work collaboratively with the planning and supply chain team by completing material usage reviews and ensuring the relevant follow up actions are actioned by (feedback change requests) so lessons are identified for future projects.
- Work collaboratively with other stakeholders such as logistics and stores to improve the material provision and recommend adjustments to the Min/Max stock levels (COP) accordingly to ensure the right level of materials are is always available.
- Accountable for taking issues and problems with materials/tooling and apply fundamental problem solving skills to resolve issues that arise from production delivery.
- Work collaboratively with the planning and estimating team to ensure the parts database is live and accurate and achieve sharing
Key skills & qualifications
- Good communication skills to ensure information can be flowed within the IDT and industrial levels.
- High levels of customer focus to ensure that delivery meets and exceeds the set expectations set by both the Ship staff and COM’s.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety requirements/legislation.
- Good financial awareness skills to ensure value for money for material and tooling provision, with the aim of reducing material costs to projects.
- Excellent problem solving skills that enables information to be collated processed so solutions are put in place to assist the daily drum beat of production teams.
- Good people and behavioural skills to motivate a team to deliver effectively against tight schedules.
- Must be methodical when reviewing information within IFS so that faults and issues can be identified and corrected prior to work being released.
- Has the ability to interpret Engineering specifications, drawings and guidance to ensure material and tooling provision is readily accessible to Team Leaders and industrial staff prior to it being released.
- Computer literate and good understanding of IFS, Word and Excel.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £21.12 per hour (Inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.