Solution Architect Role Summary We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Preston as a Solution Architect. The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to specify, design, and assure information systems that support core organisational functions within key account or functional areas
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Preston as a Solution Architect.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to specify, design, and assure information systems that support core organisational functions within key account or functional areas.
- Definition of the Solution Architecture and Design for the project to meet business requirements, within the project constraints of cost and timescale, and the agreed architectural and technical framework.
- Capture the as-is application, data, and technology architectures for the assigned projects.
- Define the to-be application, data, and technology architectures for the assigned projects.
- Ensure, and where 3rd party elements are provided assure, that the overall functional and technical design of the solution is acceptable and fit for purpose.
- Provide Technical Authority leadership of the IM&T solution and associated development team, ensuring that the solution architecture and design is as required and is communicated effectively.
- Liaison with the product suppliers, COTS component vendors and subcontract development teams.
- Ensure consistency and integrity of the solution implementation through overseeing the solution development process, and production of development work products.
- Provide design management and governance through the operation of change and configuration management activities.
- Work effectively with the Project Managers to support the development of the project plan, through assisting with the compilation and review of estimates and schedules, and identification of risks and approach to reviews.
- Engage with customers and stakeholders to develop solution requirements and solution design.
Key skills & qualifications
- IS / Engineering diploma / degree
- Proven experience in delivering IM&T solutions together with associated architecture deliverables.
- Hands-on experience with business and system requirements gathering / analysis.
- Proven experience in design and development of Information systems.
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Technical knowledge of a range of IM&T business systems from ERPs through procurement to supplier management.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Very good written and oral communication skills.
- Architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Understanding of IM&T / software development lifecycle (including methodologies e.g. Agile) and associated reviews, policies, standards and governance processes.
- 7-10 years’ experience of IS systems design or software development. 3-5 years’ experience of technical leadership e.g. Technical Authority
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £639.71 per day (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.