Opportunity for a Linux Integration Engineer to work for an engineering giant on the beautiful south coast.
Our client have continued to go from strength to strength, delivering a number of secure accredited gateway systems and services into the MOD that embrace new technology and innovation. Based in Christchurch, a position has become available within a skilled and experienced team for a strong Linux Integration Engineer.
The Linux team develops and supports COTS-based Linux environments that form the basis for the secure gateway offerings. We are seeking an experienced Linux integration engineer to support ongoing efforts to automate the development and delivery of capability, in order to meet expected future demand.
The successful applicant will work within an existing development team, working on the production of Linux builds, integrated with open source applications and tools, within a secure/hardened and virtual environment.
Applicants need to understand the benefit of producing quality releases, within a challenging rhythm of release cycles, to meet customer commitments and milestones.
This position would suit an individual with a strong passion for Linux with a desire to continually improve and learn, embracing new technologies and open to new approaches and requirements.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Maintenance of existing RHEL-based server estate
- Development of automated testing tools
- Development of automated administration tools
- Documentation of technical change
- Good communication skills
- Practical and self-motivated with a desire to deliver
- Ability to understand system design aspects
Skills and Qualifications
- RHEL 7 and 8 system administration and integration
- RHEL package management (yum)
- Use of containerisation technologies (Docker, Podman)
- Strong scripting (Bash, Python)
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools
- RHSA certification
- Producing customised RHEL installations (kickstart)
- Security hardening of Linux applications and operating system
- Good TCP/IP knowledge
PLEASE NOTE: This position has been assesed as INSIDE IR35.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.