The IT Systems Infrastructure Principal Engineer will be able to apply their subject matter expertise and domain experience to good systems engineering practices, to support the Engineering Manager (EM) and Delegated Technical Authority (dTA) in delivering IT systems and products to the submarine build and through-life support programmes. They will provide subject matter expertise and advice to other functional and capability areas to support overall project delivery and performance.
The IT Systems Infrastructure Principal Engineer will have a good understanding of the principles of the science and technology of computing and will be able to reference the relevant maritime legislation, industry & defence standards. They will have an understanding of the customer and user needs of the product system and how this will influence and impact design activities, technical and operational performance.
The IT Systems Infrastructure Principal Engineer will be able to understand and report the programme status for engineering activities, identify problem areas and implement recovery plans. This will include the management of any consequent change embodiment activities.
The IT systems Infrastructure Principal Engineer will have a working knowledge of theIT marketplace, including products and suppliers and will have an understanding of the direction of potential future technologies.
The IT Systems Infrastructure Principal Engineer will be responsible for, or provide input to the following typical key deliverables, dependent on the role and the place the project is in the engineering lifecycle:
- Captured and agreed technical requirements in accordance with company and programme processes.
- Compliant technical solutions against contractual requirements and regulations.
- Design documentation generated, captured, configured and controlled in accordance with company processes.
- Design change requirements and documentation generated, captured, configured and controlled in accordance with company processes.
- Engineering LCM adherence for all deliverables, Sub Contract Design Reviews and relevant input to project LCM activities.
- Engineering Lifecycle Management (LCM) adherence for all deliverables, Sub Contract Design Reviews and relevant input to project LCM activities.
- Captured and agreed input to appropriate Verification Cross-Reference Index (VCRI), Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance Plans (ITEAP) and Qualification Plans.
- Specialist advice and contribution to other project documentation, such as Training Needs Analysis (TNA), Technical Publications, and Operating Instructions (list is not exhaustive).
- Professional Registered (CEng or CITP) through a recognised engineering institution such as the BCS or IET (or working towards).
- Knowledge of ITsystems in the defence, maritime or closely linked domain and have a comprehensive understanding of how their own systems and activities interact with the overall platform.
- Knowledge of the complete engineering lifecycle with some experience of operating in a number of phases.
- Have a strong awareness of Product Safety and SHE.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact with stakeholders.
PLEASE NOTE: This role has been confirm as being INSIDE IR35.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.