Media Developer - 3D Specialist Role Summary We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Media Developer - 3D Specialist. The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work on utilising engineering data and other technical references as part of the media development process. As well as this, strict adherence to a style guide and other associated standards to enable consistent media outputs.
Media Developer – 3D Specialist
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Media Developer – 3D Specialist.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work on utilising engineering data and other technical references as part of the media development process. As well as this, strict adherence to a style guide and other associated standards to enable consistent media outputs.
- Develop training media as identified by the Instructional Design Team against the specified style guide and/or standards. Take ownership of allocated tasks whilst monitoring their own progress, quality and performance, reporting as required and seeking assistance when necessary.
- Participate in and contribute to team discussions adopting and applying the direction given and complying with the required development processes.
- Ensure compliance and coherence with the development plan, schedule and supporting documentation.
- Utilise other toolsets as required and directed by the business (e.g. LCMS), in accordance with the directed and agreed approach.
- Liaise with stakeholders
- Support all governance activities as required.
- Monitor and manage time and cost reporting for themselves with support as required.
- Comply with business requirements relating to (attendance, time keeping and reporting, expenses incurred, professional behaviours, security, and commercial considerations).
- Be comfortable with development of 3d vector-based graphics.
- Ideally have experience of developing technical training content for military materiel.
- They will be able to apply already tailored standards to meet the needs of the project without going against the principle and direction.
- Have effective interpersonal skills in communicating with others.
- Report progress of tasks as required by more senior members of the team and/or the Media Capability Engineering Manager
Key skills & qualifications
- A good understanding of how own activities integrate into the activities of a media development team.
- Typically requires a limited knowledge of activities of other teams.
- Is required to make judgements based on own knowledge and experience of similar situations.
- Can assess the viability and applicability of solutions, evaluates alternatives based on an understanding of common or previous solutions to problems
- Requires good communication skills; able to understand technical direction and communicate well with others.
- Develop 3d media to a consistent standard and tempo.
- Be comfortable using technical and engineering source data to aid media development.
- Be able to provide reasonable estimates for allocated tasks but report, during development, with a reasoned view as to why the original estimate is now deemed unsound.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £57.28 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.