An exciting new Product Security Engineer position to be based in Portsmouth.
Purpose of role:
To ensure Information Assurance and Security across multiple programmes across the Maritime Sector. This will include, liaising with projects, system accreditors, producing IA documentation such as RMADS, providing advice and guidance to shape the technical solution and ensuring projects have common security processes in place.
Additional Key Accountabilities:
- Keep up to date in relevant IA standards, process and technologies, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
- Support the IA special interest group by sharing best practise
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Manage the Accreditation of a number of Maritime programmes at varying points in the lifecycle.
- Liaise with the system accreditor(s) to manage expectations and ensure that IA requirements are met and risk is reduced to acceptable level.
- Determine the IA Strategy for each project including how requirements will be flowed down to suppliers
- Influence and shape the technical design for each product to build security into the design from the beginning.
- Ensure project security is in place including arrangement between suppliers and partners and for reference rigs.
- Support functional IA activities.
- Solid engineering experience and background
- Flexible to new challenges and skills
- Attention to detail and able to identify priority areas of focus.
- Experience of or working in information assurance (particularly if working with UK/NATO/International standards) would be an advantage.
- Experience of working within a large engineering programme would be an advantage.
- CCP qualifications or experience of competencies of practitioner level in ‘Security & Information Risk Advisor’ and/or Senior IA Architect role would be an advantage.
- Must have completed an IAS1&2 Training Course
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.