IT Hardware Dev. Ops Specialist Role Summary We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Warton as a IT Hardware Dev. Ops Specialist. The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work as a IT Hardware Systems Engineer on Aircrew Training & Simulation Systems.
IT Hardware Dev. Ops Specialist
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Warton as a IT Hardware Dev. Ops Specialist.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work as a IT Hardware Systems Engineer on Aircrew Training & Simulation Systems.
This vacancy is for an IT Hardware Systems Engineer on the Aircrew Training & Simulation Systems (ATSS) Hardware Development & In-Service Support Team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in in the early stages of the engineering lifecycle, device delivery and product acceptance by the customer. You will be involved in training device specification, early design, integration, testing, installation and acceptance of Typhoon aircrew and groundcrew training devices. Modification and upgrades to existing Typhoon training devices is also a responsibility of the Systems Design & Integration team. These may be due to updates to the aircraft systems or obsolescence of existing equipment.
You will be a member of ATSS responsible for the development of hardware associated with Typhoon training devices based predominantly on Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) equipment working across a range of equipment and products.
As a member of the ATSS Hardware Design & Integration Team you will be involved to varying degrees in the following activities:
– Design of systems and subsystems utilising PCs and networking and other Commercial Off The Shelf hardware
– Training devices system and sub system design, performance optimisation and platform support.
– Production of Acceptance Test Manuals.
– Specifying facilities required at the customer site.
– The integration of training device sub systems including computer and visual systems.
– Installation and testing of training devices initially at Warton and then at the customers site.
– Participation in acceptance testing with the end customer.
– Working with internal and external suppliers.
Key responsibility and specific knowlege areas for the IT Hardware Development role include :
– Layer 2 networking, with knowledge of Layer 3 routing principles
– VMware SDDC stack (ESXI, vCentre, vSAN, vGPU, Horizon)
– Windows 10 and Windows Server administrative controls (Active Directory, GPO, DHCP, DNS, MDT)
– Basic network security principles and ideally experience with Palo Alto firewalls.
– Administration of ‘Air Gapped’ networks, including patching, installation and peripheral access controls.
– Familiarity with the following toolsets/applications:
– Ivanti Device Control (Lumensions)
– McAfee EPO
– Visual Studio
– Acronis Cyber Protect
– A good understanding of RHEL and the Linux platform in general.
– Experience with ‘server side’ hardware and high performance computational platforms, with an emphasis on design for performance.
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £52.13 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.