FCAS - Digital Engineering Lead Qualification and Certification (SC Cleared) Role Summary We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Warton as a Digital Engineering Lead. The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to support the overall Future Combat Air System programme objectives and Digital Engineering Vision.
FCAS – Digital Engineering Lead Qualification and Certification (SC Cleared)
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Warton as a Digital Engineering Lead.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to support the overall Future Combat Air System programme objectives and Digital Engineering Vision.
1. Creating a target state vision for your capability area based on the latest engineering best practice which supports the overall FCAS Programme objectives and Digital Engineering Vision.
2. Innovating and delivering the engineering processes, technology, people and culture requried by your capability area to develop the FCAS product.
3. Ensuring alignment with the overall FCAS Digital Engineering Roadmap to achieve an integrated, end-to-end FCAS product development system.
4. Co-designing and delivering the product development solution (processes, methods, tools, technology, people, data) alongside software vendor partners, internal engineering function and project stakeholders and other product owners.
5. Executing proof-of-concept and proof-of-value demonstrations – providing condifence that the new product development approach meets the time and cost goals for the FCAS Programme.
6. Leading business change, incluidng communicating with a wide range of stakeholders, building coalitions and creating urgency.
7. Building and leading a multi-disciplinary team to develop and deliver the solutions requried by the FCAS Programme.
8. Leading and developing early-careers engineers to build a pipeline of talent that will grow the team as the programme scales-up.
9. Liaising with international and UK partners to discuss, agree and deploy a solution works across the whole FCAS enterprise.
10. Building close relationships with toolset vendors to ensure maximum value from the capabilities the tools offer and making new feature requests to add product roadmaps.
Key skills & qualifications
1. Experience of different stages of the Product Lifecycle – Concept Design through to Integration and Test (Highly Desirable)
2. Development of processes, methods and toolsets used in the product development process (Highly Desirable)
3. Ability to analyse information and apply engineering judgement to solve problems (Essential)
4. Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, visualisation or modelling, to managers, peers and external parties (Essential)
5. Experience in more than one area of an Discipline’s sub-disciplines (Essential)
6. Experience of more than one Complex Systems, System of Systems, Air Vehicle System programme or project (Desirable)
7. Experience in articulating statements of work and planning and delivery of activities to meet schedules (Desirable)
8. Experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment influencing adjacent Engineering disciplines and other Stakeholders (Highly Desirable)
9. Be comfortable working with ambiguity, challenging established thinking, innovating, creating new ways of working and leading change (Essential)
10. Professional Qualification: Relevant Engineering/STEM degree (BEng or Higher) (Essential)
11. Professional Registration: CEng (Highly Desirable)
12. At least 5 years experience in an Engineering Discipline role (Highly Desirable)
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £46.18 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.