Project Manager Role Summary We have an exciting new permanent opportunity based in Gosport as a Project Manager. The role will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for the successful delivery of a variety of engineering or manufacturing Projects, as delegated by the Head of Department.
- Planning, maintaining and delivering effective projects, proactively monitoring and actively influencing progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
- Working throughout the project lifecycle from the pre-initiation stage, through definition and execution to final closure and post project review.
- Understanding of the bid development process, providing input into pre-qualification questionnaires, Invitation to Tender proposals and production of project implementation schedules, Risk and Opportunity registers and risk mitigation plans.
- Ensuring effective time, cost and quality controls are in place throughout the project lifespan, focussing inwardly on the consistency of the project and outwardly on its coherence with customer expectation and specified standards.
- Facilitating and managing the output of individuals assigned to Project Teams.
- Producing Work Breakdown Structures and ensuring the correct level of resources and skills are identified to support the required project activities.
- Ensuring stakeholder and communications management plans are in place.
- Identifying and managing risks and issues which may affect the projects’ successful outcomes.
- Initiating training, skills development and recruitment requests wherever resource gaps in the project are forecasted or identified.
- Reporting the progress of projects at determined intervals to the Head of Department.
- Proactive identification and exploitation of all new business development opportunities.
Key skills & qualifications
- Sound knowledge of programme and project management methods including any of the following: APM, Prince 2, PMI
- Knowledge and experience in the techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects.
- Exemplary leadership and management skills with the ability to motivate and empower those to achieve success, preferably to a nationally recognised accreditation level g. CMI, ILM.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to create the full range of project documentation.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Projects) with an ability to use bespoke systems and IT packages quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience of engaging and building relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Skills in negotiating and conflict management, with the ability to identify and address differences of objective, attitude or perception in order to produce an agreed outcome for all parties.
- Ability to influence and align others towards the vision of the project.
- The ability to command respect and create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams.
- An understanding of engineering or manufacturing standards, preferably with marine or defence experience.
- Proven experience of budget and resource management and control, preferably with a working knowledge of MRP is an advantage
- Willingness and desire to learn new skills and invest in professional development.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites, when required.
- SECURITY – All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to SC level and then DV clearance.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment