We are recruiting for multiple Manufacturing Engineers on min 12 month contract basis near Manchester.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for ensuring all manufacturing processes in the Area of Responsibility (AOR) are carried out in a safe manner and process risks are ALARP.
Support Production Readiness Review (PRR), facilitate and maintain manufacturing processes within the process/product design parameters, to ensure manufacturing schedule adherence and ensure interruptions in production are resolved in a safe manner with minimal down time.
Implement and sustain Lean Manufacturing techniques, continually improve processes in AOR to achieve business effectivity goals and support the reduction in cost to quality targets.
- Assume Process Technical Authority (PTA) responsibility as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in support of the Basis of Safety and Product Life Cycle Management (LCM)
- Work with the Product DA/TA to identify problems with product performance; recommend solutions and process improvements.
- Refine the manufacturing processes to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification and business priorities.
- Plan and design methods to improve efficiency and product quality by utilizing Continuous Improvement (CI) tools and working as a member of a cross functional team.
- Work to improve equipment availability and capability, carry out OEE/OLE and process capability studies.
- Manage and support capital acquisition, engineering proposals, and provide estimated costs to achieve operational improvements and financial benefits.
- Liaising with Operations Development and Process Engineers, have an input into PFMEA, produce technical specifications for new/replacement equipment, carry out factory acceptance and installed article tests, and carry out trials and commissioning on process equipment
- Initiate and manage Engineering Change Control.
- Liaise with the site Safety/COMAH team to develop and maintaining manufacturing High Hazard Safe Systems of Work, including, DSEAR and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Train line employees on existing and new processes and methods, carry out competency assessments to ensure line employees are competent and familiar with manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Support the site audit plan by providing SME assistance to aid compliance with 18001, 14001 and 50001.
PLEASE NOTE: This role has been confirmed as INSIDE IR35.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.