Vetting Team Leader
Vetting Team Leader
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Vetting Team Leader.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the To lead and coordinate the Vetting administration team and support the wider business with all aspects of Vetting administration requirements.
- Be the Lead for all administration staff within defined area ensuring standard procedures and therefore governance within the whole team;
- Undertake a range of clerical and administrative duties within the department to ensure the smooth running of the function;
- Use data to determine where cover is needed to support the requirements of the recruitment and systems activity and ensures appropriate cover is in place;
- Manage the day to day activities of the VettingAdministration Hub team to ensure a high quality administration service is delivered through the use of coaching as required;
- Identify development opportunities to enhance the personal development of Vetting team to maximise the service offered to the business;
- Act as the administration focal point for the area;
- Collate and extract data and produces routine reports, schedules, summaries and letters for internal circulation which would include the support of annual pay review process supporting the Reward and T&Cs Advisor;
- Deal with customers and suppliers and exchanges information in order to clarify a situation.
- Verify calculations, checks or allocates costs, checks and obtains correct authorisation and obtains information for incorrect or incomplete documents, includes the raising of purchase orders;
- Manages the Service feedback process for both internal Maritime Services requirements and HR Services requirements;
- File documents and keeps filing systems up to date such that information can be readily retrieved.
Key skills & qualifications
- Have extensive experience in a Vetting administrative or business management role and have a breadth of knowledge relating to On-boarding
- Degree or equivalent comprehensive experience in an HR or Business Management role;
- Carry out assigned tasks to time, cost and quality are ensured, delegates similarly to the team;
- Have a good knowledge of a range of work routines, procedures and systems across their area;
- Ideally will have experience of working within an HR department, or interested in pursuing a career in HR;
- Basic understanding of financial processes and procedures;
- Extensive Microsoft Office knowledge required
- Experience of producing data for analysis
- Excellent data entry skills and manipulation of data skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Prioritisation of workload, when managing multiple tasks
- Basic employment law knowledge (desirable)
- Well-developed business administration capability
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £26.31 per hour (Inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.