Training Solutions Engineer
Training Solutions Engineer
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Broad Oak as a Training Solutions Engineer.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with working as part of a team to undertake Training Needs Analysis and Instructional Design during bid, development and support phases of the training lifecycle within agreed timescales and budget.
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis in accordance with a recognised Systems Approach to Training.
- Conduct Instructional design in accordance with a recognised Systems Approach to Training.
- Undertake and support Solution integration & acceptance activities.
- Interaction with the Customer and Stakeholder regarding the training requirement.
- Adhere to and promote BAE Systems Governance, Configuration and Change Control processes.
- Provide advice on TNA to Technical and Engineering authorities.
- Support the procurement of training media
- Provide guidance to other analysts to deliver training solutions within budgets and timescales.
- Provide training needs analysis advice and support to project leadership
- Chair workshops and meetings with SMEs from OEMs, industry and the customer.
- Identify, analyse and resolve areas where conflicting data or opinions need to be resolved.
- Build working relationships with the SMEs to encourage Progressive Assurance.
Key skills & qualifications
- Have successfully completed a Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) Training Needs Analysis course (preferably Defence Academy Course No. 47 – DSAT Training Needs Analysis) or a similar training framework course.
- Have knowledge and at least 12 months experience of the successful application of the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT), including the DSAT Quality Management Standard (QMS) and DSAT guidance documentation.
- Have knowledge of current training methods and media, including Computer Based Training (CBT), multimedia, simulation and Virtual Reality (VR).
- Knowledge of Royal Navy surface fleet branch structures and their associated training pipelines would be advantageous.
- Experience of training needs analysis within the Royal Navy Training System would be advantageous
- Experience of collective training needs analysis would be advantageous.
- The Training Solutions Engineer will have a direct impact upon the quality of Bid Submissions and associated Contract Award decisions, accuracy of estimates generated, ability of TSG to meet contractual obligations, quality of Training related products generated and the successful award of return business.
- The Training Solutions Engineer will have high quality standards with focus on service delivery and exceeding customers’ expectations.
- The Training Solutions Engineer will be required to produce accurate and timely data upon which valid, robust and potentially innovative training solutions are created, assured and delivered.
What we’re looking for in you
Quality and timely delivery of own work. Peer review of Instructional Design.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Location: Broad Oak
Rate: £44.98 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.