Test Systems Hardware / Software Engineers
Test Systems Engineer
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Test Systems Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to develop and lead in the test solutions for several current programmes.
- Work within budget and time constraints.
- Oversee and be involved in producing the test solutions and associated software.
- Use Teamcentre SAP and Workspace to maintain datapack, create, store, and distribute test documentation in the process of productionising test solutions.
- Interact with Project Management, System Design Authority, Production Engineering Manager and Production Management as required.
- Lead test solution engineering projects from requirements definition through to delivery.
- Providing technical guidance to other team members.
- Use SAP for Parts and parts list Creation, Task lists, Drawings BOMS, Routings and problem solving.
- Produce Test Instructions for manufacturing to cover the production steps and the required calibration testing to provide appropriate design assurance.
- Ensure correct configuration management within Teamcenter and SAP.
- Review of Design and drawing suitability for production.
- Implement design changes and provide post-delivery support and resolve obsolescence issues.
- Conducting all activities in a professional manner delivering design solutions to agreed time, cost and quality to meet project or business milestones
- Ensuring that work is undertaken in accordance with Company, Safety, Environmental, contractual and local business processes, standards, procedures and documentation
- Drafting, vetting and editing technical reports or other documents relevant to, or required by, a particular task in order to ensure that technical findings can be successfully communicated with recipients
- Maintaining accurate records of all manufacturing test equipment design related work in accordance with relevant extant procedures to ensure a complete design record of work undertaken
- Ensuring adequate integration with other engineering functions involved with a particular task or program of work to ensure all aspects of the design solution are considered
Key skills & qualifications
- Normally qualified to BEng degree level or HND/HNC with relevant manufacturing experience; in test systems development, manufacture and support; or equivalent level of experience.
- Applies depth and breadth of expertise of Test Systems Engineering to complex Engineering problems
- Experience with SAP.
- Experienced in 3D modelling, ideally using Siemens NX, and 2D drafting (Autocad or similar) for production and manufacturing.
- Experienced in Gerber, Visio, Creo Design tools
- Experienced in ATE Software and Graphical User interface creation and use, using LabView Lab,TestStand by National Instruments. Windows CVI (ANSI-C).
- Understanding of the design process in order to support Design for Test.
- Good Understanding of Product Safety and SHE and the participation in HAZIDs.
- Knowledge and experience in production test techniques.
- Understanding of Microwave measurement techniques.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £48.00 per hour
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.