Test Solutions Hardware Engineer
TEST SOLUTIONS HARDWARE ENGINEER
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Warton as a Test Solutions Hardware Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work within a major defence company and support production and delivery of IT hardware racks/cabinets to the RAF and and other export Defence industry customers.
- Interpretation of higher-level ‘system’ requirements to aid with the production of the cabinets.
- Hardware build of modular computing server cabinets, using basic hand and power tools (screwdrivers, spanners, drills, etc.)
- Installation of network cabling within the cabinets and power distribution hardware
- Assessment of safety and environmental risks
- Production of safety test procedures to satisfy the electrical test requirements for compliance to the Low Voltage Directive (and CE Marking or equivalent).
- Production of basic functional test procedures to confirm that selected IT hardware is operational
- Adherence to relevant Air and departmental design standards and processes.
- Supporting internal design reviews including formal Engineering Lifecycle Design Reviews.
- Supporting hardware commissioning at customer premises.
- Complete all hardware configuration activities including documentation and release.
- Completion of all activities to the agreed budget and delivery schedule.
Key skills & qualifications
- Microsoft Visio 2010 Professional.
- Follow Hardware and electrical design.
- Good Technical report writing (MS Office tools).
- Essential – Competent in the build of IT computing cabinets
- Essential – Competent in the use of Microsoft Visio 2010 Professional or similar CAD package
- Essential – Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Desirable – Degree educated in a science/engineering discipline or HND/HNC
- Desirable – Knowledge of and conformance to the MoD JSP480 regulations would be an advantage
- Desirable – Competent in IT cabinet design including electrical
Knowledge of and conformance to the MoD JSP480 regulations would be an advantage but not essential
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £40.00 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.