Would you like to play a key role in preparing and maintaining technical manuals and handbooks for electronic aerospace/defence systems, fitted to a variety of military and civil platforms. We currently have vacancies for Technical Author at our site in Rochester UK. Within the Technical Publications team, you will contribute to the development and through life support of customer facing manuals and other deliverable publications. This role will provide you with an exciting opportunity to work within the many project teams across a wide and varied range of products.
- Preparation and amendment of technical manuals/handbooks including the generation of original text, functional block diagrams, circuit diagrams and technical illustrations. Authoring of Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETPs).
- Producing data that is compliant with Civil, MoD and Company standards, procedures/specifications and contractual requirements.
- Understanding product structures and Technical Data Packs, enabling gathering of information from various sources to create your publications.
- Managing all aspects of Change Control, internal/supplier/customer.
- Having an in depth understanding of Hardware, enabling you to query data content with project Engineers to ensure accurate representation/interpretation within your publications.
- You will have exceptional organisational skills, and be a good communicator. You will work well to your own initiative, being flexible and adaptable to change, as well as working well in a team environment. A hybrid working pattern is expected between office and home working
- GCSE Grade 5 or above in English Language
- A Level, National Certificate or a Level III equivalent in a STEM subject at grade C or above
- Previous experience gained within a similar role
- Engineering background, mechanical/electrical – Aerospace / Defence sector experience would be highly desirable.
- Highly proficient in the use of all MS Office packages.
- Experience of Adobe FrameMaker
- Experience of S1000D editor or Eagle EPS, Initial Provisioning to S2000M.
- Experience or exposure to Data Modules (DMs) Component Maintenance Manuals (CMMs)
- Initial Provisioning Lists (IPLs), and Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETPs)
You will have exceptional organisational skills, and be a good communicator. You will work well to your own initiative, being flexible and adaptable to change, as well as working well in a team environment. A hybrid working pattern is expected between office and home working
PLEASE NOTE: This position has been confirmed as being INSIDE IR35.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.