A System/Hardware Engineer role is required to design, develop and deliver a hardware solution that is compliant to the customer requirements, safe and appropriately CE marked/qualified for delivery to the system team for full system integration.
As a Systems/Hardware Engineer you will report to the Lead Engineer and Project Design Authority of the project. Your responsibilities will include design of technical solutions, qualification of hardware and or subcontract of proposed solutions and the testing involved in verifying them.
A Systems/Hardware Engineer is responsible for ensuring the overall physical, electrical and environmental compliance of the delivered system guaranteeing it meets both BAE Systems Product Safety mandates and the statutory requirements of the customer’s base of operation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development and implementation of technical solutions that meet the customer requirements
- Provision of realistic estimates for specified activities to the development lead
- Accurately report on progress
- Complete work to a high standard and to scope, quality and budget
- Support System Integration activities
- The safe design of the system prior to delivery and for the preparation of information required by the Design Authority to support the Design Certification and Certificate of Design activities
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- A strong Systems Engineering, hardware background, preferably with a degree in a related discipline.
- A good understanding of the complete engineering lifecycle
- A good working knowledge of the development processes (e.g. requirements, design, specification, implementation, integration and testing, acceptance), and development tools (e.g. Requirements Management, Modelling and defect reporting systems).
- A strong working knowledge of electrical safety and safe system design.
- Experience in using and installing operating systems and application software.
- Demonstrable knowledge or experience in some or all of the following would be especially desirable, in particular their applications in a military context:
- Electrical engineering disciplines e.g. BS7671 qualified would be desirable
- A good understanding of designing equipment to meet stringent environmental requirements such as EMC and CE marking, Environmental etc
- Communications technologies: IP networking (including network design), VOIP, network security, network management.
- A good understanding and practical knowledge of the creation and configuration of Windows Server network domains including group policies and active directory.
- Understanding of Design Certification and Product Safety Processes
- Familiarity with Export control and ITAR rules and regulations
- Good team working;
- Excellent innovation and problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Keen to learn;
- Must be flexible and be prepared to work outside of normal office hours (if required) and off site working.
PLEASE NOTE: This position has been confirmed as being INSIDE IR35
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.