This exciting systems & software programme covers many disciplines including design, development, installation, implementation, integration, acceptance, training and logistics support.
To fulfil this practical and ‘hands on’ role, the candidate should ideally be qualified to diploma or degree level in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related discipline.
The candidate should also have an existing knowledge, a general interest or a willingness to learn the following. External or on the job training can be provided where required in most areas.
- Military communications systems including an understanding of radio and cryptographic equipment
- Systems design and systems interfacing
- Serial communications including communication standards, serial and bespoke cabling techniques
- Network communications including networking equipment, WAN techniques, Ethernet categories and associated techniques
- Technical and physical impact of implementing a new system with an existing system
- Estimation and the associated activities for systems and installation proposals
- System setting to work and system transition
- Report writing to provide input for proposals, site surveying and setting to work
- Should be familiar with test methods, scheduling, requirements and the use of of integration rigs in the development of a complex systems
- Interfacing with sub-contractors
Your skills as a Foundation Engineer should ideally include experience of:
- Windows Operating system deployment and configuration (Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 and later)
- Windows Security and Group Policies
- Automated software deployment using MDT or similar technologies
- Network security
- Active directory
- Oracle database configuration and management
- COTS software configuration and integration – backup, Anti-Virus, monitoring tools
- VMWare ESXi & vCenter configuration and management
PLEASE NOTE: This position has been assessed as INSIDE IR35
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.