We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Christchurch as a Systems Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to take on a Systems Engineer role within an exciting market leading IT domain, to not only sustain an existing portfolio of products, systems and services but to support the development and innovation of future products and projects.
- Understanding and interpreting customer requirements
- Creating high level and detailed system designs
- Develop options for potential solutions
- Understanding of competitors and suppliers
- Performing sub system component studies
- Evolve and innovate existing solutions and new ideas
Key skills & qualifications
Ideally you will have a strong engineering background with experience in the Defence industry.
- Track record of Enterprise, Project or System Level Design Solutions
- Requirements Definition and Analysis
- Requirements compliance and design to cost
- Verification and Validation
- Problem solving
- Developing supplier statements of work
- Supplier and customer engagement
Plus an understanding of,
- MoD contracts and bids
- Military IT, communications , platforms, gateways, networking systems
- Security architectures, system integration, virtualisation, cloud, accreditation
- Integration of systems into military vehicles
- Acceptance, trials, demonstrations and delivery processes
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £56.91 per hour (inside IR35)
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment