Systems Engineer – SATCOM
- Provide off-site engineering support; fault finding and maintaining the equipment in support of the Project Manager to meet the short and long term customer work programmes.
- Deploy nationally and globally when required, inclusive of Contractors on Deployed Operations areas, in order to fulfil contractual and operational requirements.
- Contribute, as an active team member, towards ’24/7 Help Desk’ operations, when required. Providing technical support and being prepared at times to fulfil a short notice deployment in support of defect rectification and support for the customer, when required.
- Liaise and communicate with ‘system’ maintainers.
- Provide training to ships’ staff and sub-contractors.
- Test equipment, spares and systems in house.
- Take responsibility for quality of work carried out and ensure that the Health and Safety policy is adhered to.
- Review, update and improve internal processes and user technical documents and write reports.
- Undergo and maintain professional training.
- To carry out and lead system installations on platforms around the county/World.
- Experience of working with Maritime communications and Multi Media systems to include basic networking and computer skills.
- Ideally qualified to HNC / HND in a related discipline or in lieu of academics, possess considerable experience.
- Experience of working with UHF SATCOM systems (Maritime /land/Air) with knowledge of waveforms and systems utilised within the Naval Maritime sphere.
- Have a good working knowledge of RF theory and application, including the use of equipment involved in problem solving of RF systems. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, Power Meter, TDR, Frequency Counter, Spectrum Analyser, Cable loss measurements.
- To be able to repair/install cables and connectors (Co-ax / Power /N Types,BNC, D types)
- Technical skills and awareness, mechanical and electrical, ideally qualified to 18th
- An in-date passport and category B driving licence.
- Customer facing, field based ‘technical support’ experience.
- Proactive mind-set with the ability to deal with competing priorities without compromising quality of work.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and the external customer.
- SECURITY – All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to SC/DV level – Additional restrictions may apply on certain defence programmes.
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment