System Safety Engineer
Systems Safety Engineer
We have an exciting new permeant opportunity based in Havant as a Systems Safety Engineer.
This is a permeant role and will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for supporting the Lead System and Lead PE Safety Engineer in the implementation, co-ordination and conduct of programme safety and environmental related activities.
- Develop Safety Management Plans, including sub-contractor/supplier interfacing elements
- Conduct Functional Safety Assessments for System and PE safety aspects, such as Preliminary Hazard Analysis, System Hazard Analysis, Sub System Hazard Analysis, Functional safety assessment, Occupational and Operating Hazard Analysis.
- Derive System and PE safety requirements, including integrity requirements
- Document System Level Safety Arguments, Safety Cases and Safety Reports for System and/or PE Safety aspects
- Review subcontract safety documents.
- Support Project Safety Committees, Safety Review Meeting, Technical Interface Meetings, Safety Review Meetings and Safety Working Groups
- Conduct Zonals and physical safety audits.
- Demonstrate compliance with legislative requirements
- Support PE safety audits and manage findings to closure
- Support development of LM safety processes/procedures and improvements
Key skills & qualifications
- UK and EU safety related legislation (e.g. Health and Safety at Work Act)
- Environmental legislation and management systems (eg. ISO14001 etc.)
- Defence and commercial safety standards such as Def Stan 00-056, Def-Stan 00-055, Mil Std 882, IEC61508, JSP 430), RTCA DO- 178C, and RTCA DO254
- Safety Case development using the Adelard Safety Case Editor (ASCE)
- Hazard Management using eCassandra
- Event Tree and Fault Tree development using Reliability Work Bench
- Programme Element Safety Summary (PESS) development in accordance with Def-Stan 00-055
- Experience of the software development commensurate with Safety Integrity Level 2 including safety aspects of software requirements methodologies, design principles, Coding and verification
- Understanding of the impact of use of COTS equipment and/or of PE reuse in a safety related environment
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: 60,000 – 65,000k per annum
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment