System Engineer – Support & Pre-Sales
We have an exciting opportunity for a System Engineer working within Support and Presales with a leading global communications company. The role will be based from their offices in Surrey.
You will need good knowledge of IP networking, routing, switching, Cisco, CCNA, Satellite, VSAT, RF, Mobile telecoms for this role.
In the role you will work alongside the sales team to understand, capture and define customer requirements. This will include designing, costing and rolling our new customer networks, testing and rolling our new products and services and providing 3rd level support to the operations team.
Hybrid working is available 2 days per week and additional benefits include performance based bonus, pension matched to 7.5%, onsite gym and free parking.
- 5+ years hands on engineering experience
- Degree or HND/HNC in Electronics/IT/Telecommunication/related area/CISCO CCNA or above
- Good knowledge of Satellite Communications (RF/VSAT/GEO/LEO’s) and Mobile Environments (GSM/4G/5G)
- Good knowledge of IP Networking, switches, routers, firewalls, WANS’/LANs etc.
- Well-motivated, proactive, organized and can independently deliver results
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to explain complex issues products and services to technical and non-technical audiences
- Good commercial awareness
- Excellent customer support and communication skills both on the phone and in meetings.
- Good ability to diagnose complex faults, document, communicate and follow up corrective actions
- Ability to absorb and quickly gain knowledge of client’s bespoke products and services.
- Hold or able to achieve SC security clearance
Systems Engineer – Support & Presales: IP networking, routing, switching, Cisco, CCNA, Satellite, VSAT, RF, Mobile telecoms
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment