Sustainable Energy Technologist
Energy is a strategic growth area for the business. The existing team has a strong track record for collaborative working, identifying, developing and driving through energy and carbon savings, and embracing innovation driven by meaningful data and emergent technology.
Our team provides a whole stack energy service, as a senior member within our technical consulting team you will use your subject matter expertise to identify opportunities, develop tailored solutions and support their implementation.
You will also have the opportunity to get involed in Research & Development of new products for both the land and maritime markets.
Typical project activities include:
- Net Zero Carbon profiling and strategy development,
- Optimized energy reduction, storage, generation, and recycling solutions. These are primarily land based but will include maritime projects in collaboration with the wider business. Recent projects have included Photo votaic PV) roofs, ( Combined Heat Power )CHP’s, low carbon heat hetworks, battery storage, EV charging ( Electric Vehicle), BMS (Business Management Systems ) integration, carbon capture and dual fuel exploration
- maritime and land energy management systems and software
This dynamic role requires strong domain knowledge of energy technologies and systems, ecross-discipline engineer expertise and exemplary verbal and written communication skills. We are looking to recruit a number of high-calibre engineering professionals and will consider principle expertise in all engineering domains.
Requires a depth and breadth of expert knowledge gained through substantial work experience in order to apply principles and concepts in a discipline or technical area. Understands business processes and the business environment, extends the knowledge base, provides specialist technical advice and guidance to other professionals. Resolves complex specialist problems and issues, promotes and shares new technologies for implementation across businesses and programme(s). Provides technical leadership and may lead a single or small number of engineering teams, including management and control of costs associated with the team activity.
- Work with customers to understand their carbon profile and develop their Net Zero Carbon roadmap
- Work to develop effective energy and low carbon solutions (generate, recycle, storage, monitor & control) in the form of feasibility studies and business cases through to detailed design and installation. For example, PV ( photo Voltaic) , CHP ( Combined Heat Power) , low carbon heat networks, heating systems, battery storage, hydrogen, carbon capture and energy management systems.
- Provide cross-discipline expertise and oversignt of design development.
- Design management and integration of sub-contractor products, systems and solutions.
- Generate new ideas and collaborate with our R&D team to develop new energy & carbon reduction products
- Analyse, define, evaluate, plan and delivery solutions to assigned engineering activity to meet programme, business and customer requirements
- Apply engineering expertise and solution innovation relating to an engineering discipline to complex engineering product, system and process development or problem resolution
- Provide discipline expertise input to policy and strategy development within the IBP
- Develop key discipline specific capabilities (processes, methods, tools and facilities) to meet the Business strategy and the Engineering requirements of the Operational Framework.
- Interface with customers, suppliers and other functions and will act as an ambassador for Engineering to these groups.
- Ensure development of engineering capability and skills, and monitor professional development of staff to meet future discipline requirements within the IBP. 8. Provide professional mentoring for members of the discipline and have a proactive relationship with the relevant professional institution.
- May carry specific Design Review Assessor and/or Delegation of Authority accountability
- May lead and manage engineering staff; ensure each team member is assessed, developed, deployed and skilled to maximise their personal contribution and to meet the requirements of contracts, schedules and specifications
- Requires knowledge gained through professional qualification and including substantial work experience. CEng level or equivalent level of capability, typically MEng, MSc or PhD.
- Subject Matter Expert in Energy systems and produscts. Requires technical breadth & depth, is Mechancial/Electircal engineering discipline expert on projects, programmes and contracts.
- Provide professional leadership for the engineering team. Promote team capability development and capability developments are communicated effectively within the discipline
- Responsible for design integrity and safety for products, services or sub-assemblies of low value, technical complexity and commercial risk. The role may hold technical or design authority
- May lead a small team of engineers
PLEASE NOTE: This role has been confirmed as being INSIDE IR35
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.