We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Support Engineer.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with Applying a depth of domain knowledge in Maritime Engineering to provide an understanding of Maritime Engineering processes and outputs and logistical engineering support, including a knowledge of T45 & QEC support domains and various engineering/logistics configuration systems.
- Accountable for the quality, schedule (KPI) adherence and product safety of their own scheduled work and supervision and delegation of activities to other Support Data Engineers within the team.
- Responsible for management oversight of a team including the allocation, planning and peer review of all support services to ensure the delivered output achieves the stated requirement.
- Responsible for the production of all progress reports and reporting, both internal and external, to the MOD Customer and Hd of ILS in Tier 3 reviews.
- Undertake scheduling and monitoring of teams service.
- Maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders to drive forward key contract objectives and deliverables. Liaison with other engineering and support functions as required across the business.
- Contribute to the development of the Engineering ILS/IKM capability including Business Management procedures, maintain awareness of current ILS techniques and future development plans, promotes ILS/IKM within BAE Systems.
- Developing SHE leadership behaviours and complies with statutory requirements, regulations and company procedures, including SHE and ITAR.
- Provides guidance to members of the Engineering Data Services Team, as required; coaching, mentoring and assisting others on matters pertaining to the support domain.
- Ensure a consistent application of Engineering governance. Obtain confirmation beyond reasonable doubt by review, surveillance and audit that those assumptions, underpinning engineering data, analysis methodologies, and interpretation of results have been validated.
- Identify opportunities to expand the E&DS footprint into adjacent ILS/IKM areas
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on all ILS/IKM queries from internal and external Customers.
- Provide leadership and guidance to other members of the team and to subcontracted specialists.
- Be aware of the performance requirements of the role/project/staff and any shortcomings in their personal performance.
Key skills & qualifications
- Requires an understanding of how own activities integrate within those of own team, and how activities of own team interrelate and interacts with other teams within the same discipline area.
- Works constructively both within a team and across the wider business to ensure that team objectives are met.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, driving technical discussions with internal teams and external customers/suppliers
- Good influencing and interpersonal skills with the ability to form strong relationships with customers, suppliers and senior managers within BAE Systems
- To be capable of owning and delivering against medium- and short-term objectives.
- Demonstrate flexibility within lawful, reasonable, working patterns.
- Ability to manage, motivate and focus people.
- Able to communicate technical information verbally and in writing in a style appropriate to the audience to convey facts and ideas clearly, accurately, concisely, and persuasively
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Capable of thinking analytically and strategically to resolve complex issues.
- Taking a consultative approach across Support and wider programmes to develop and implement innovative and creative solutions.
- Logical, rational and able to identify issues and solutions when given a set of potentially conflicting data and stakeholder requirements.
- Able to deploy appropriate skills to find out information that is required to support the Supportability Case
- Understands how their personal contribution defines the larger solution in a coordinated and timely manner both internally and in the wider customer community
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £34.23 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.