Supply Chain Project Manager
Supply Chain Project Manager
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Barrow as a Supply Chain Project Manager.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to supply highly specialised subject matter expertise to align maturity of scope to the build schedule, ability to robustly review risks and uncertainty, focuses on cost driver analysis, opportunities and challenges through batching, spares, learner and negotiation.
- Responsible for materials route-to-contract for each delivery phase/tranche covering: BAES scope, schedule, risk, opportunity and cost. Collaborative working and learning from experience activities, from Request for Quotation to successful bid analysis, evaluation, negotiation through to contract award and transition for each delivery phase.
- Providing day-to-day delivery phase direction for the material procurement project managers, cost teams and wider future contracting team.
- Lead the implementation and development of the risk-based pricing evaluation including collaboratively managing the wider stakeholder evaluation group including; material procurement, engineers and ESO’s, cost estimating, finance, commercial and risk teams.
- Strategic design of the Alliance supply chain assurance processes and procedures including contract permission tracker versus actual commitments and alignment to the material approval process (MAFs and GMAF’s)
- Lead on developing and delivering the batching and spares procurement strategy in line with the prevailing and future delivery phases.
- Lead on the effective procurement ways of working by applying strong category and project management principles
- Lead on the strategic creation and delivery of the Four Boat Procurement Plan for BAES scope and coherency with Rolls Royce and DSST scope Four Boat plans.
- Tacit knowledge of BAES systems, unique processes, procedures and practices that together support the delivery of the four-boat procurement plan. Creating the A to D strategic categorisation approach, measurement by work breakdown structure, implicit scope knowledge across all materials, engineering and design maturity, schedule criticality, procurement stage gates.
- Detailed Supplier understanding and the importance and application of SSRO and QSC requirements, intrinsic knowledge of different pricing strategies (Firm, Fixed, Cost+, TCIF, EBF), Major Sub-contract and transactional acquisition strategies.
- Most likely EAC values (Baseline versus Current), Economic Conditions (EC’s), Basis of estimates, estimate maturity, first of class and leaner assessments, focused cost reduction activities, batch commitments, monthly financial commitment and spend profiles.
- Provide analytical programme knowledge, historical procurement performance and material category expertise to support negotiations and final agreement of the annual ABC and FCAC annual budget.
Key skills & qualifications
- Proven material project management experience, successfully negotiating and delivering large multi-£billion complex material contracts. Working autonomously and leading and delivering on the material procurement bid evaluation.
- Demonstrating a clear understanding of the supply network and procurement big picture, collaborating and partnering.
- Providing expertise and unique insight into how industry approaches the delivery phase project and how the Alliance/SDA can maximise opportunities and drive cost savings through for example; the delivery of the cost-base reduction programme.
- Analytical thinker and demonstrable ability to triangulating and assimilate large amounts of detailed and complex data and with an eye for detail, create meaningful supply chain analysis, strategic procurement direction and negotiation options.
- Ability to design and set SDA/MOD standard requirements, request for information and tender evaluation. Setting out recommendations for contract award.
- A strong understanding of procurement and contracting challenges in the Submarines Enterprise.
- Desirable – Masters-level qualification in a Business discipline and an MCIPS qualification.
- Desirable – working knowledge of BAES and SDA/MOD unique processes, procedures and practices.
- Extensive experience of working with senior stakeholders and facilitating/influencing at this level.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £50.00 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.