Supply Chain Lead
Supply Chain Lead
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Supply Chain Lead.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work within the Warship Support Maritime Services Supply Chain responsible for delivering procurement / supply chain activities associated with a defined area.
– Support and/or prepare outputs and deliverables and select suppliers in line with the departmental procedures and systems
– Support and/or negotiate all commercial, financial, quality and schedule elements of contracts and any authorised changes in line with departmental procedures
– Pro-actively support and deliver effective supplier management and manage open order book in line with the project’s integrated schedule
– Support Line Manager in delivering KPI’s
– Identify and implement cost saving opportunities
– Identify risks, opportunities and mitigation plans and implement accordingly
– Act as the primary point of contact with assigned suppliers and customers (internal/external).
– Understand and adhere to the company Export Control requirements
– Be first port of call for escalations within the Supply Chain team
– May be required to support in areas outside of this scope due to business requirements
Key skills & qualifications
– Experience of Procurement / Supply Chain Department
– Commercial and contractual acumen
– Working understanding of tool sets and IT (SAP desirable but not essential)
– Experience and understanding of MRP
– Working knowledge of Purchase to Pay
– Tender process and down selection experience
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £27.26 per hour (inside IR35)
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment