Supply and Support Engineer
- Producing and maintaining the Initial Provisioning Lists and supporting evidence.
- Procucing spares modelling and ranging & scaling activities within the scope of the contract requirements in close liaison with all work streams.
- Development of NATO Codification activities within the scope of the contract requirements in close liaison with all work streams.
- Review and comment on suitability of supplier ILS data deliverables.
- Identify potential risks to the supplier programme/content and provide potential remedial actions.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities to reduce costs and enhance the effectiveness of both Supply Support activities and the overall Project.
- Produce Spares Reports that validate the level of recommended Spares.
- Produce Support and Test Equipment Reports that validate the level of recommended Support and Test Equipment.
- Produce Insurance Spares Reports that validate the level of recommended Insurance Spares.
- Identify Packaging, Handling, Storage and Transportation requirements relating to Spares and Support and Test Equipment.
- Identify risks and opportunities relating to Supply Support activities.
This role is responsible for supporting the delivery of section 10 of the T26 Support SOW (T26-0000015503).
1.Act as SME on Supply Support aspects of ILS Engineering.
2.Develop and produce Initial Provisioning and Support & Test Equipment lists in accordance with JSP 886 requirements.
3.Validate all supplier and BAE Systems related Supply Support equipment and systems data within the iBOM.
4.Maintain Supply Support data and records of equipment and systems spares and S&TE until Formal Acceptance of Equipment.
5.Capture and share learning from experience and best-practice, via the Engineering function and In-Service platforms, on configuration management.
- Aid in the capture and development of the T26 First Outfit of Stores List.
Key skills & qualifications
Qualifications: Degree or HND/HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical/Electrical/Marine Engineering) coupled with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in an engineering field.
- Working knowledge of Def Stan 00-600, JSP 886, Def Con 117 and in-service support requirements.
- Understanding and awareness of spares modelling techniques desirable but not essential.
- Good knowledge and awareness of Supply Support and its interactions with the wider ILS aspects and MoD infrastructure.
- Ability to liaise and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work across the Projects requirement sets, understanding each functions requirements.
- Ability to analyse Supplier data and understand its impact across the Supply Support function and the broader project.
- Appropriate and proven project management experience.
- Strong commitment and self motivation.
- Ability to develop and implement the Supply Support requirements to deliver the optimum solution to the customer.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.