Supplier Quality Engineer
SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Glascoed as a Supplier Quality Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to be the focal point between Procurement and the Supply Chain, for quality related issues and provide support to Procurement where required.
- Conducting supply chain assurance activities to ensure that supplied product meets contract requirements
- Conducting Quality planning, prior to contract award, and determining the level of resources, skills, experience and quality tools required to assure that both Customer and Business quality requirements are satisfied.
- Co-ordinating the production and review of Project specific Quality plans.
- Conduct of supplier audits (system, product) and management of the outputs (NonConformance Reports, improvement plans).
- Manage the customer relationship regarding Supply Chain quality issues by conducting joint audits where required and ensuring that any issues have been resolved and a robust plan issued to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ensure flow down of standardised supplier contractual quality requirements
- Technically Review data packs with internal stakeholders (Engineering) and suppliers to ensure fitness for purpose. Mitigate the risks associated with engineering change e.g. design changes to ensure seamless implementation of change.
- Apply of Product Validation and Verification tools including First Article Inspection, reviews of process controls and provide support to production readiness reviews to assure product.
- Comply with Procurement, Quality and Operational Framework governance requirements.
- Operate in compliance with all extant Import, Export, ITAR & EAR legislation.
- Operate in compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental legislation
Key skills & qualifications
- 5+ years in a quality related role
- Engineering or Quality related Qualification (Degree, HND, Apprenticeship)
- Manufacturing processes (Various)
- Quality Assurance Management System Standards (ISO, AS, AQAP etc.)
- Supply Chain Management
- Lead Auditor
- Conduct of verification and validation activity e.g., FAI
- Interpretation of engineering drawing and specification requirements
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £30.23 per hour (Inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.