Sub Contract Programme Manager
Sub Contract Programme Manager
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Sub Contract Programme Manager.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to act as the Comments Consolidator for document reviews and pro-active stakeholder management of suppliers, Platform and/or Combat Systems Supply Chain and Control Account Managers and the Support teams conducting reviews of the documents.
- Establish & maintain accurate forecasts for supplier document deliveries, based on equipment maturity and supplier practicalities, for assigned Procurement Packs.
- Act as Comments Consolidator for Support CDRLs (for assigned suppliers and Procurement Packs), liaising with reviewers, suppliers and the engineering teams to achieve ontime, quality deliveries
- Continuously improve the processes relating to Supplier CDRLs
- Working with the teams and other stakeholders, to recommend or influence make/buy and sourcing solutions
- Identification of suppliers, including running competitions and gaining supplier approval where appropriate
- Flow down of appropriate terms and conditions
- Developing a negotiating strategy
- Place subcontracts, direct to the Maritime Services suppy chain or indirectly for the Naval Ships supply chain
- Review and manage the supplier performance, manage change and maintain relationships.
Key skills & qualifications
- Excellent and broad Supply Chain best practice knowledge and experience
- The role requires excellent and broad Supply Chain knowledge and a breadth of business knowledge and expertise, including good business, market and competitor knowledge as well as depth of vision and creativity and an ability to develop Supply Chain strategy to support business objectives and strategy
- Contracting for Availability (CfA) bid experience including and not limited to Service Management, Equipment availability provision and tracking, Packing, Handling, Storage and Transport, Performance Management and Reporting, Risk and Opportunity Management, Configuration Management and Obsolescence Management
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to create and negotiate terms and conditions
- The ability to utilise and interpret financial data and performance measures
- Supply Chain functional people, process and performance knowledge to develop the function using enabling technologies to exceed or meet the Corporate business objectives set by the Executive Committee
- MCIPS or working towards MCIPS
- Broad Engineering knowledge (Electo-mechanical) would be a district advantage but is not essential
- In depth knowledge of Logistics and Supply Chain Management practices
- Has experience in regulated industries
- Defence supply chain experience with basic security clearance and SC clearance or ability to obtain SC clearance.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £53.16 per hour (INSIDE OF IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.