We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Christchurch as a Solutions Architect.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work closely with customers and help to partner, design, deliver and support solutions that not only sustain an existing portfolio of critical products and services for their users but importantly continue to push the boundaries of what is possible.
- Deep understanding of MoD Strategic Command customer’s needs and requirements, working closely when required;
- Undertaking research and study activities to identify candidate solutions;
- Undertake and guide experimentation and derisking activities with other engineers;
- Support the development of estimates for full production and delivery of solutions;
- Bidding, development and implementation of solutions;
- Ability to track progress and report to stakeholders;
- Naturally work to high standards within budget and estimates;
Key skills & qualifications
- Complete systems engineering lifecycles from requirement to bid, to delivery.
- Knowledge and understanding of IT and how it can be exploited.
- Communications technologies, such as IP networking, VOIP, Point-to-Point radio links, 4G/5G/6G mobile. technologies, network security, network management.
- Windows and Linux operating systems, including Virtualisation.
- Design, development and delivery of Plans, Processes, Products, Systems and Services.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Professionalism, commitment and continual learning.
- MoD or Industry IT projects and programmes through Defence Digital (such as Le TacCIS, Morpheus, Trinity, NSoIT(D), CDIS, IOG2).
- Commercial or military networks, enterprise level designs.
- Information Assurance (IA) and product security.
- Security architectures, COTS integration and virtualisation.
- Current and emerging technologies and roadmaps.
- Defence experience needed
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £78.15 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
This role is an office based role, with very occasional working from home entitlement.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.