We are working with a leading Global organisation, who are currently looking for a well-experienced Solution Architect to join their IT team.
Reporting to the Solutions Architecture Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible to align business strategy to the high-level design plan for the overall logical and technical IT infrastructure architecture.
The role will be focused on Architecture Solutions for their EMEA business working as part of a global team.
Remote working with flex for business travel into Europe/ States on occasion
- Partners with the business to understand business context (trends and business strategy) and its impact on enterprise technology, application, and information strategies.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of the strategic business plans of the Organization.
- Accountable to ensure that the health of the systems supporting the business capabilities are communicated, and a roadmap established to align the strategies to the IT investment plan.
- Provides infrastructure architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to Business Relationship Managers, Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers, and Systems/Solution Architects.
- Documents and develops in-depth knowledge of existing IT architecture/infrastructure and technology portfolio of the Organization.
- Develops, documents, communicates and enforces technology standards.
- Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure and development efforts, and recommends technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and flexibility.
- Develops, documents, makes recommendations, and communicates plans for investing in the IT infrastructure ecosystem, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Develops test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance, reports findings, and makes recommendations for improvement.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience managing within a matrix structure and dealing with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge of business capability modeling and mapping.
- Experience with creating strategic roadmaps.
- Experience with hyper-converged, hybrid-cloud ecosystems required.
- Demonstrated working experience with architectural frameworks, such as TOGAF, Zachman, Gartner Methodology, etc. Certifications preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business or another relevant field.
- At least 10 years of related IT experience with a minimum of 5 years of successful leadership experience.
- ITIL certified or at least 5 years of utilizing ITIL within organizations.
Skills and Attributes
- Skilled in presenting systems specifications and evaluating the same, working with business representation from all functional process areas across the globe.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues, policies, regulatory requirements and industry information affecting client’s environment.
Solution Architect: Solutions Architect, Technical Architect, Architect, TOGAF, Framework, Zachman, Gartner, ITIL
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment