Our client are a leading global organisation with an opportunity for a Software Engineer to join their team working from their offices in Wiltshire.
In this role you will work as part of a team developing simulation-based training solutions. You will be involved in the complete project life-cycle from requirements analysis through design, development through to getting involved with trade shows and demonstrations.
C++ development skills are sought and hands on experience with seriousgaming technologies of key interest
You will need to be eligible for UK SC level clearance or if you already hold it – ideal.
Key skills sought:
- C++ development skills ideally with Java or C# (Java may be considered instead of C++)
- Experience of developing software within an IDE e.g. Eclipse, Visual Studio
- Relational database experience
- Experience with configuration management tools & processes
- Excellent team working & communication skills
Additional skills of key interest:
- Experience with serious gaming technologies e.g. Virtual Battlespace (VBS), including systems administration, scripting & plug-in development
- Experience with game development platforms/ SDK’s e.g. Unity, Unreal Engine, Havok etc
- Software development within Windows and Linux environments
- Virtualization technologies e.g. Citrix, VMWare
- Experience with databases, SQL, noSQL, Oracle, SQL Server etc
- Experience with either ActiveMQ, DDS or JBOSS
Interesting & challenging opportunity working in a small team environment where you will be able to develop and grow your skills across a range of areas.
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3 Recruitment, industry news and updates, check out our new website, follow our aap3 Defence & Aerospace Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment