We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Preston as a Software Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to join a team of engineers working on one of the most critical Defence programmes of the next few years.
- Development and reading of requirements in UML
- Co-ordination of design solutions and interfaces across multiple mission systems equipment
- Knowledge of programming in various languages such as C#, C/C++, Java, ADA, Visual Basic and Unity.
- Requirements traceability using DOORS & Statemate.
- Unit testing with the use of AdaTEST/Vectorcast.
- E-ICD tool for review of ICD (Interface Control Document) baselines .
- SW/SW integration testing with the use of a Model and Test Environment
- HW/SW integration testing with the use of Hardware Integration Environment
- Script development using PerlDCLSQL (Oracle).
- Analysis of SPRs (Software Problem Reports) and implementation and testing of fixes as necessary.
Additionally, we are specifically looking for engineers with experience using one or more of the following
- Solaris and/or Linux
- Microfocus (Serena) Dimensions.
- Hardware software integration in a real time embedded environment.
- DO-178, Multi Core Processors and other industry standards.
- Toolset and process development specialists.
- Knowledge/experience of Windows Presentation Framework (WPF) and ‘Model-View-ViewModel’ (MVVM) design pattern.
- Knowledge/experience of CIGI
- Knowledge/experience of Pitch HLA
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £46.68 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.