We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Broad Oak as a Software Developer.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to lead the design, development and maintenance of software artefacts and integrations to tools and libraries.
- Creates appropriate design documents to explain how system should behave, interact and interface with ecosystem for the consumption by various stakeholders.
- Ensure software is compliant with Maritime Services and business software governance.
- Ensures software and third-party library license usage is appropriate and approved.
- Designs software with extensibility and reusability at the forefront.
- Designs Complex Event Processing logic to manipulate, enrich and enhance the data for further processing on the platform.
- Engage suppliers / third-parties for the purpose of integrate the solution and problem solving.
- Engage end-users to understand requirements, discuss proposals and demonstrate concepts.
- Defines and leads software development activities to interface with supplier and third-party systems.
- Components are created and maintained with care to ensure that they are generic and reusable.
Key skills & qualifications
- Have experience of working within Engineering and Operations environments.
- Understands how own work integrates with work of the SIE Team.
- Able to articulate challenges with process, software or system at a level that stakeholders understand and can action.
- Regularly and concisely emits status updates and seeks assistance of others and assistance to others promptly.
- Experience of how to solve problems and quickly resolve root causes of issues and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Able to deduce the area in which a challenge is likely to be caused by thorough investigation.
- Able to ascertain the areas in which are affected or are cascaded from an issue.
- Uses facts when giving answers rather than feelings.
- Uses explicit tests to prove problem and subsequently prove that problem is resolved.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Location: Broad Oak
Rate: £61.69 Per Hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.