Interested in developing the systems that exploit tactical data links to enhance and optimise Command, Control and Situational Awareness across the whole battlespace? We are looking for software engineers to help develop in this domain in one of the world’s largest engineering companies.
Your main responsibilities as a Software Engineer will involve:
- Ownership of requirements, design and implementation, and test to a high standard, within schedule and estimates
- Software development of solutions
- Testing of completed functionality
- Adherence to project processes and software development practices
- Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
- Supporting System Test and Integration Activities
- Production of appropriate technical documentation
- Diagnosing and solving identified issues
- Design of technical solutions
- Estimation of development activities
As part of the software team, you will be expected to work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities.
Your skills and qualifications as a Software Engineer:
- Software development lifecycle and processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing) and tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
- Experience of software development including desktop-based applications in an appropriate language: C++, Java
- Windows or Linux target environments
- Object-oriented design/development including UML
- Project specific tools and processes such as DOORS, Enterprise Architect
- A knowledge of Tactical Data Links and Datalink processing from a software implementation perspective
- MFC experience
What we’re looking for in you:
You should be able to demonstrate:
- A ‘can do’ attitude; deliver within agreed budgets and timescales
- Self-organisation and good time management
- Occasional travel may be required
Ideally you have an honours degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant STEM subject, although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements. You will be required to obtain full Security Clearance.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.