Software Asset Data Analyst
Software Asset Data Analyst
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Preston as a Software Asset Data Analyst.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to support our customers with data analysis to bring clarity to current state usage for tactical next steps in running an efficient estate and to enable strategic decisions for new contract formation, renegotiation and future planning and software utilisation.
- Responsible for data collation, analysis and report production
- Demand data production and delivery
- Support the compliance team providing data analytics for compliance management
- Assist with the development of the Software Catalogue
- Develop/manage a suite of reports that align with our corporate strategy and departmental goals/objectives
- Ongoing stewardship of existing reporting structures and creation of any adhoc reports based on approved requests
- Develop and maintenance of data tracking templates, automating processing of the data where possible
- Assisting with the reconciliation of data and repository maintenance
- Produce/maintain work instructions/process documentation to a high standard as and when required
- Lower tier publisher SME responsibility
- Audit support
- Responsible for escalation of data quality issues.
- Maintain knowledge of software licensing and usage legislation.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Provide support for other team members.
- Assist in software publisher audits and internal SAM audit activities
Key skills & qualifications
- Experience managing software licensing across multiple platforms at an enterprise level.
- Knowledge of software asset lifecycle.
- Understand hardware and software asset management processes.
- Data Analysis & Modelling: Strong experience & aptitude in working with complex, fragmented & unstructured data, the processing of the data, and uploading into SAM tools.
- Analytical Thinker: Demonstrable track record of being able to identify the root of a problem and be able to leverage data & analytics to develop solutions for resolving problems.
- Stakeholder Management & Communication Skills: Be able to communicate effectively.
- Self-Starter: Be sufficiently motivated to work on your own initiative without needing constant direction & micro-management.
- Technical Knowledge: Demonstrable track record of infrastructure knowledge particularly virtualised.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Customer focused and process driven.
- Broad knowledge into the complexities of license contract terms and software license types.
- Experience of Software Asset Management toolsets.
- Experience with ServiceNow and/or other ServiceDesk tools.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with a can-do attitude, and can manage conflicting and changing priorities whilst meeting deadlines.
- Ability to produce documentation and reports to a high standard.
- Advanced Excel skills – vlookup/pivots etc.
- Good written presentation skills essential.
- Skills in PowerBI would be advantageous.
- ITIL (v3) Foundation – desirable but not essential.
- Hardware Asset Management lifecycle desirable.
- Experience with Scaleable Asset Vision – desirable but not essential.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £21.04 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.