We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Yeovil as a Software Architect.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to write software for the UK’s latest frontline fighter, 3D mission planning systems.
- Ownership of architecture and design
- Adherence to project processes and software development practices
- Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
- Supporting System Test and Integration Activities
- Production of appropriate technical documentation
- Diagnosing and solving identified issues
Key skills & qualifications
- Ideally, you have an honours degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant STEM subject, although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements.
- You will be required to pass full Security Clearance.
- Software development lifecycle and processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing) and tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
- Experience of software development including desktop-based applications in an appropriate language: C++, C#, Java
- Windows or Linux target environments
- Object-oriented design/development including UML
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £65.00 per hour
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.