We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a SHE Advisor.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the responsibility for travelling to different sites across southern England assuring business adherence to current legislation, best practice and our accredited management systems, while also providing professional and realistic advice on compliance and continual improvement.
- Providing professional and accurate SHE advice on the requirements of SHE legislation to the business and compliance with company (SHE) procedures across Maritime Services, ensuring this is effectively translated to the business context and to agreed timescales
- Conducting SHE audits, inspections in accordance with internal procedures and ISO 45001/ISO 14001 requirements, to agreed and communicated schedule
- Investigating SHE accidents, incidents and non-conformances, producing comprehensive reports with root cause analysis in line with procedural requirements within agreed timescales
- Supporting SHE workshops are undertaken in business areas, aligned to the schedule
- Assisting in the delivery of existing and new SHE management systems
- Participating in and support wider SHE activities, e.g. on call rota, public events, promotional events
- Taking an active role in seeking innovation for improving SHE delivery
- Maintaining professional development
- Embracing and actively demonstrate positive SHE behaviours
- Supporting the occupational health department as appropriate with focus on early intervention and rehabilitation of injured parties and will undertake drugs and alcohol testing on employees
- Embracing a specialist area of knowledge to become point of contact for the business (ex. Radiation, COSHH, working at height.)
Key skills & qualifications
- Practical internal auditor skills
- Experience of high risk activities and risk reduction identification
- Proficient use of Microsoft office suite
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Must be willing to travel to other sites within the UK and limited worldwide travel
- Sound knowledge of ISO14001:2015 & ISO45001
- Practical Lead auditor skills (ISO45001/ ISO 14001 Internal Auditor qualification desirable
- SHE training delivery experience (Qualification desirable)
- Accident / incident investigation skills (Qualification desirable)
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £25.62 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.