Senior Technical Management Engineer
SENIOR TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT ENGINEER
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Warton as a Senior Technical Management Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to provide technical management support on a major British defence aerospace project the value of the tasks range from £100K to £10M and vary in complexity.
- Support Phase 1b reviews for new bids (bid / no bid).
- Review customer requirements for new tasks to ensure they are clear, concise, fully understood and achievable. Engage with customer to refine requirements as required.
- Create SoWs for each new task to support the ERF exercise.
- Create tailored Engineering Management Plans.
- Create a Phase 2c Design Review pack and facilitate the reviews.
- Close down review actions.
- Issue the Design Review certificate
- Create a Technical Bid Review (TBR) pack and facilitate the reviews.
- Close down TBR actions.
- Issue the TBR certificate.
- Provide Technical Management (TM) support to the Request for Bid Approval (RBA).
- Support the weekly bid IPT reviews to provide TM progress updates against each bid and provide general engineering support.
- Support the task launch meetings for newly contracted tasks.
- Hold regular review meetings with key internal stakeholders to manage task progression.
- Support customer and supplier reviews for the contracted tasks.
- Provide status reports into line manager.
Key skills & qualifications
We are looking for candidates who are self motivated, experienced at working remotely and work well in a team environment. A strong governance background, familiarisation with end to end product engineering lifecycles and Technical Management experience would be advantageous, together with a proven capability in the creation of Engineering Management Plans and Managing Requirements.
Qualified to degree level in an engineering discipline is desirable with 5 years experience working in a systems engineering environment.
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £46.38 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.