Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineers are responsible for managing technical project activities to ensure co-ordination and delivery of engineering projects to agreed timescales, budget and quality/performance levels.
As such, a Task Manager is seconded to an engineering project for its duration with direct responsibility on project matters to the PTM.
This is a delivery focused role, providing technical management across a range of engineering activities. The scope will vary according to the size and complexity of the individual contracts.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Facilitate and manage engineering launches and scoping sessions including the production of Engineering Estimate Launch Slides as applicable.
- Produce engineering estimates detailing scope, resource requirements, risks, opportunities, bought-outs timescales and AE&D’s and assist commercial to understand their basis.
- Co-ordinate and manage platform level Engineering LCM and Technical Bid Reviews.
- Work with Customer / Customer agencies (working with the Project Manager)
- Work with Suppliers (working with Procurement)
- Work with all internal Engineering Teams supporting the integrated programme.
- Work with other internal departments (Manufacturing/Production, PM, Procurement, Commercial, Finance).
- Produce and manage Integrated Level 2 Programmes.
- Ensure internal and external engineering teams deliver to the agreed schedule. (e.g. Weapons, Structures, Aerodynamics, Flight Systems, Technical Publications, Training, AGE and Specialist Engineering Areas as applicable)
- Identify programme workarounds when reality deviates from the plan.
- Constantly seek simple / easier ways of achieving plan objectives and modify plan accordingly.
- Provide leadership/management to assist in identifying critical paths, priorities and obstacles with the intention of ensuring programme progression.
- Identify and agree engineering project milestones.
- Manage delivery of both engineering project and payment milestones to agreed timescales.
- Produce weekly reports on budget & programme adherence, including progress reviews with respect to SOFTs, timescales, spend and resource issues).
- Managing overall technical programme risks/opportunities.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.