Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Portsmouth as a Senior Software Engineer.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to perform Software Design, Development, Documentation, Integration and Test activities for our client in the Defence industry.
- Supporting the maintenance and further development and enhancement of one or more real-time software subsystems within the Radar group.
- Designing, reviewing, developing, testing, documenting, configuring and delivering real-time software products to the agreed standards and procedures using the specified tools.
- Testing software products sufficiently to ensure software product quality is maintained and minimal or no re-work is required.
- Investigating and resolving obsolescence issues and problems raised during any stage of the development lifecycle, including software and system integration, qualification, and in-service trials.
- Communicating effectively, identifying early potential risks, seeking clarification and providing feedback to the team leader.
- Ensuring that a good working knowledge of Maritime Services software related processes and product deliverables is maintained.
- Participating in the estimating of bids to ensure that they capture all requirements, customer obligations and acceptance criteria, achievable solutions with acceptable levels of technical risk and conformance with Company and Product Policies and standards.
Key skills & qualifications
- BEng/BSc in Computer Science or other relevant Engineering or Numerate subject (technology, engineering or science related discipline).
- CEng or equivalent level of capability, or working towards CEng status.
- Extensive knowledge of programming languages, C and/or Ada highly desirable. Minimum of 3 years experience.
- Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience of UML or similar high level design methodology.
- Excellent software coding, integration and testing skills, ideally with a real time, multi-processor focus.
- Experience of configuration control systems.
- Good knowledge and experience with COTS hardware, device drivers and interface standards, including Ethernet, VME is desirable.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £57.28 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.