Senior Quality Engineer
Senior Quality Engineer
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Cumbria as a Senior Quality Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to support the Quality Function in order to achieve a scope of work which ensures that the Business Unit remains compliant to the local Quality Business Management System.
- Work as a fully contributory member of the Quality team
- Responsible for demonstrating SHE and responsible business behaviours
- Undertake routine Quality Assurance activities and tasks in their related area
- Undertake non-routine and or complex Quality Assurance activities and tasks in their related area with minimal support
- Manage own development
- Able to access, have a clear understanding of and develop the local Management System documentation e.g. policies, procedures, workmanship standards, risk assessments and processes in their related area
- Responsible for leading internal audits and supporting supplier audits
- Support the management of non-conformance resolution and corrective actions with key stakeholders and process owners
- Responsible for conducting Quality investigations
- The ability to analyse data effectively resulting in themes and corrective actions
- Contribute in working groups ensuring deliverables are achieved and Learning from Experience (LfE) is captured and applied
- Support requirements relating to certification activities
- Capable of leading and driving a scope of work
- Use of Company computer systems and software as appropriate
- The ability to articulate and deliver Quality objectives
- Support departmental reviews and liaise with the customer when required
- The ability to critique and tailor issues and ideas in written reports and presentations ensuring accuracy and clarity of meaning
- Support the delivery of results via continuous improvement activities
- Providing support to Early Careers on rotation through Quality roles
Key skills & qualifications
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/ EN9100 standards
- Understanding of Business Management Systems, Operational Framework and Operational Assurance process
- Knowledge of product safety
- Understanding the importance of cross functional integration
- Export requirements knowledge (for example International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (where applicable)
- The ability to interpret specifications, procedures and contract requirements
- Experience of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) methodologies; Fishbone, 5 Why, relationship diagrams, six sigma etc. gathering and analysing evidence cross functionally
- Effective action management and verification
- Effective stakeholder management (including with the customer)
- HNC or degree qualified in an appropriate technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Quality professional, lead auditor status or equivalent experience
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £40.00 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.