Senior Project Professional
Senior Project Professional
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Barrow as a Senior Project Professional.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to manage the project monitoring and controls processes of a small project, or a part of a larger, more complex project (such as a particular work package).
- Able to perform intermediate project reporting & scheduling.
- Able to undertake intermediate problem solving typically based on previous experience.
- Have a good knowledge of Business processes and procedures.
- Administration and general office skills including spreadsheets/ Microsoft packages.
- Attend on the job training as appropriate.
- Able to lead the PM&C processes on a small non-complex project or a work package of a larger project.
- Able to manage the PM&C processes on a full project lifecycle to ensure that, over time, the needs of customers/users continue to be met and that financial and other benefits are achieved.
- Identify, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Applies appropriate PM&C methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Agrees PM&C approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
- Consolidate expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives. Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organisation.
- In some business, this will be a transition role for a PM Apprentice or Graduate coming off their development scheme.
Key skills & qualifications
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of PM&C policies, processes, procedures and systems.
- Comprehensive PM&C experience demonstrated in a professional capacity within a project.
- Good knowledge and understanding of their projects.
- Comprehensive understanding of one or more PM&C tools techniques and practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Business environment for their project.
- Knowledge and experience of PM governance and assurance processes such as Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs).
- Experience of influencing stakeholders typically inside the company to achieve Business success.
- Good understanding of the wider PM&C environment, and of developments and practices in the field.
- Good understanding of own project/s, its markets, customers, strategic priorities and culture.
- Knowledge acquired through job related training and on the job experience with theoretical and practical skills.
- Experience of building relationships and negotiating outcomes with internal stakeholders.
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £46.71 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.