Senior Project Planner
Senior Project Controller
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Scotstoun as a Senior Project Planner.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for the delivery of an enabled network schedule in line with the Integrated Master Schedule, declared cardinal dates and Quarterly look-ahead aspirations.
- Translation of the ship design into Level 1/Level 2 schedules, logic, resourcing & budget
- Responsible for the allocation of task budgets & alignment of workscope budgets with Project/CAM (Control Account Manager) targets
- Accountable for maintaining quality standards within Plans and compliance to governance measures
- Provide key support and guidance to the CAM and IPT Managers through regular engagement and a visible presence “on the Floor” as the project moves through all phases, Engineering, Supply Chain, Build, Commissioning and Acceptance
- Be informed and able to validate, advise & challenge progress & completion forecasts, identifying schedule risk and required enablers
- Maintain a focus on the customer needs coupled with a desire to remove non value added activities and establish best practice
- Verify that functional outputs comply with business quality standards
- Represent Lead Planner on certain occasions i.e. annual leave, delegated authority at meetings
- Mentor and educate newer planners and apprentices in Planning and Shipbuilding practices to ensure their output meets functional/business quality standards
Key skills & qualifications
- Comprehensive understanding of Planning Tools, key operating principles and other Integrated Business Systems (IBS)
- Strong understanding of network techniques and scheduling principles
- Proficient knowledge of Planning structures and principles (Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Product Breakdown Strucutre (PBS) etc.)
- The job holder demonstrates advanced IT skills and is proficient in the use of appropriate packages. (Primavera, Microsoft Office, etc)
- 5-10 years Planning experience desired or demonstrated skills
- Detailed knowledge of the business phases of engineering, supply chain, Build, Commissioning and Acceptance
- Understanding of Ship build manufacture processes across the build cycle and delivery requirements of Engineering & Supply Chain to support
- Understanding of Engineering, Supply Chain & Operations requirements & processes to ensure delivery of incoming/outgoing data is appropriate and to standard
- Understanding of cross-functional process interfaces and impact on functional delivery & quality
Must be Eligable for SC clearance
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £39.27 per hour
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.