Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Barrow-In-Furness as a Senior Project Manager.
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to lead programmes for our client in the Defence Industry.
- Provide programme governance and quality assurance ensuring all aspects of the programme comply with all appropriate process and procedures
- Development and maintenance of a Performance Management Baseline including schedule, budget and resource profile ensuring regular status updates and changes through the correct application of the change control process
- Provide leadership and direction in the development and maintenance of the programme change control process and Chair all Change Control Boards ensuring smooth and meaningful meetings are conducted to meet both governance and delivery requirements
- Ensure the delivery of programme scope as defined in the approved scoping document though correct application of the change control process
- Provide leadership and direction to the programme Risk Management team ensuring compliance with programme and functional processes and procedures and liaison with the planning and estimating functions
- Lead the development and maintenance of the programme and projects planning, control, monitoring and reporting
- Develop a series of programme, project and sub-contractor metrics, measures and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) suitable to control, monitor and support informed decision making
- Ensure effective liaison and interface between all levels of the programme team and all identified stakeholders
- Ensure the Project is run in a safe, effective and efficient manner
Key skills & qualifications
- Security clearance essential – Minimum level – SC level
- A thorough understanding of Project Controls, General Management and Stakeholder Management.
- A general understanding of the construction industry and the nuclear sector / environment
- Significant experience in the construction industry with relevant experience in a similar role
- Educated to Degree level in recognised Construction Management qualification (desirable)
- Member of a the Chartered Management Institute and Association for Project Management (desirable)
- IOSH certified (desirable)
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £52.03 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.