Senior Project Manager (IT)
Senior Project Manager (IT)
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Preston as a Senior Project Manager (IT).
The role will be an initial 6-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to deliver large and complex business and enterprise projects to cost, timescales, quality and customer satisfaction in an agile, fast-moving multi business and
supplier environment within the defence industry.
- Typically leads and manages the delivery of large and complex projects with high business impact.
- Provides strong and effective leadership to the delivery team and suppliers; can take appropriate action to address issues.
- Works with multiple suppliers to define and manage project plans which will achieve the project goals and consequent business outcomes.
- Identifies and effectively manages business drivers and project objectives to be delivered by the overall scope of work; this may involve supporting the development of the business case with key stakeholders.
- Provides timely and concise project communications to stakeholders through formal and informal communication and reporting channels and including project boards Needs to be able to translate complex information for different audiences.
- Ensures project delivery adheres to LCM (Life Cycle Management) governance and assurance criteria.
- Identifies and proactively manages project level risks, issues, opportunities, dependencies and constraints.
- Leads business change to ensure adoption and realization of project benefits.
- Manages project costs and resources against agreed budgets, taking appropriate action for any overspends and providing accurate forecasts to project completion.
- Accountable for the delivery of the project to time cost and schedule in accordance with business success criteria and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures Business benefits are tracked and delivered where applicable as part of project delivery. Drives improvements in customer satisfaction.
- Ensures all project control systems have up to date high quality data relating to the project.
- Delivery across the project meets agreed objectives and is aligned with EITS standards/ policies. Issues are addressed / resolved in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with PMO on knowledge transfer, lessons learned and simplification of project management processes, as appropriate, and as part of ongoing continuous improvement.
- Identifies and captures lessons learned as part of project closure.
- Participate in activities and function wide initiatives as a member of the EITS PPM Delivery Management function
Key skills & qualifications
- Experienced professional with extensive knowledge of Project Management (tools, techniques, practices) within the IT Services domain.
- Strong knowledge of Project Finance Funding & Business Case Management.
- Proven experience of leading significant IT projects and programmes, incorporating successful business change delivery, to meet strategic business objectives.
- Strong experience of managing complex supply chains to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Proficient understanding of project lifecycle management.
- Proven experience of both waterfall and agile project delivery methodologies in complex situations.
- Experience of working within an environment with mature and established governance practices and processes.
- Educated to degree level preferably in related discipline.
- Good competence with computer-based Project Management tools including MS Projecta MSOffice etc.
- Preference for ITIL
- MSP ( Programme Management qualifications )
- Change Management , Six Sigma
- Agile Project Management
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: 70.60 per hour (inside IR35)
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment