Senior Project Engineer
Senior Project Engineer
This is a role for an experienced Project Engineer to act with a degree of autonomy in delivering engineering support to operational projects; this includes the line management of Project Engineers within their respective Engineering Support teams. The intention of this role is to further develop a Project Engineer both in terms of technical exposure and management caliber in preparation for a PEM or equivalent Engineering role within the business.
- Responsible for supporting the Project Engineering Manager (PEM) to ensure that the service delivered in the relevant project is safe and delivers a functional engineering product.
- Support PEM by reviewing of the integrity of work instructions during project planning, responding to engineering queries during project delivery within design intent and ensuring the integrity of the overarching engineering governance.
- During project delivery, resolve production queries as quickly as practicable within safety / design intent. The role will include the need to carry out engineering calculations, investigate and resolve engineering and maintenance support issues, and to support Ops, COMs and Project Management functions in the delivery of ship projects or programmes. Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and PEMs delegated authority (within Design Intent).
- During project planning, review all work in conjunction with ship’s staff, COM and Ops to ensure that it contains sufficient engineering content, appropriate levels of acceptance and assurance and that product safety / quality considerations have been incorporated into the Project Haz ID / Quality Scope.
- Support the PEM in maintaining engineering oversight, providing engineering governance, assurance and facilitating Warship Support to ensure overall quality and integrity of production work in addition to formal quality related events.
- Line Management of Project Engineers within their respective Engineering Support teams.
- Support in the application of mandated MOD safety and environmental systems, BAE Systems Engineering Governance, Product Safety & associated Frameworks
- To have involvement in the development of necessary PSEMPs and project hazard Logs in support of the Maritime Product Safety Framework. Support regular HAZID and attend Risk and opportunity reviews, supporting the engagement of relevant stakeholders as required.
- Assist in maintaining functional and governance interfaces with Alliance partners (such as, but not limited to – SCAs, Safety & Environmental Protection team (SEP) within D Ships, Babcock) and COMs.
- Support Production Teams to aid in the application of requirements and standards to ensure they are fully understood and met.
- Support the developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need.
- Support the development of best practice to increase the capability, performance of tools and processes.
- To support the PEM with the Life Cycle Management of a project or programme to ensure the project delivers against the mandated BAE Systems LCM policy
- Under the oversight of the PEM act as a focus for Engineering Activity within the relevant area of the business ensuring the correct delegated levels of authority are engaged,
- Work with the COM to investigate and manage changes to A&A Guidance through all phases of project lifecycles.
- This is a role for an experienced Project Engineer to act with a degree of autonomy in delivering engineering support to operational projects. The intention of this role is to further develop a Project Engineer both in terms of technical exposure and management caliber in preparation for a PEM or equivalent Engineering role within the business.
- Experience of repair, maintenance and integration of ships systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of design support activities with ability to conduct engineering calculations, technical investigation and report writing in support of tasking requirements.
- Degree in appropriate Engineering discipline.
- Member of appropriate Engineering Institute working towards Chartered status
- Understanding of constructive, mechanical, and/or electrical systems within a naval / maritime environment.
- Understands how own activities fit in with activities of Engineering Team
- Some understanding of the development of naval ships, and the procurement of marine systems, materials and equipment.
- Can apply the relevant Business processes to developing their outputs.
- Responsible for self and quality and timeliness of delivery of own work
- Responsible for Line Management of Project Engineers within their respective Engineering Support team.
- Mentors Project Engineers, providing advice and guidance on requirements, policies, standards and processes
- Supporting and providing cover for the PEM in leading the respective Engineering Support team.
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.