Senior Planning PM&C Professional
Senior Planning PM&C Professional
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Barrow as a Senior Planning PM&C Professional .
The role will be an initial 12 month contract and will provide you with with the opportunity to supervise or guide one or two professional staff, and be involved in managing their delivery and performance and providing appraisal and support to their development.
- Able to perform intermediate project reporting & scheduling.
- Able to undertake intermediate problem solving typically based on previous experience
- Have a good knowledge of Business processes and procedures.
- Administration and general office skills including spreadsheets/ Microsoft packages.
- Attend on the job training as appropriate.
- Able to lead the PM&C processes on a small non-complex project or a work package of a larger project.
- Able to manage the PM&C processes on a full project lifecycle to ensure that, over time, the needs of customers/users continue to be met and that financial and other benefits are achieved.
- Identify, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Applies appropriate PM&C methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Agrees PM&C approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
- Consolidate expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives. Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organisation.
- In some business, this will be a transition role for a PM Apprentice or Graduate coming off their development scheme.
- Accountable as a member of the PM&C team for supporting development and implementation of appropriately tailored PM&C practices.
- May have supervisory responsibilities for a one or two staff.
- Expected to provide technical support to team members.
- Accountable for ensuring one or more aspects of PM&C practices in the project are suitable for purpose
Key skills & qualifications
- Applies problem solving techniques to routine situations or situations of moderate complexity under limited supervision, in the field of PM&C, taking requirements and data from internal (project) sources and external (customer, competitor and academic) areas.
- An ability to gather information. Supports development of solutions and of implementation approaches.
- Ability to capture, adopt and share good practice.
- A good understanding of how team integrates with others teams & projects in order to achieve objectives.
- Work is typically within standardised processes and practices, accuracy of tasks is impactful.
- Direct impact on the performance of the team.
- Takes responsibility for own performance and development, including any team members.
- Quality and timeliness of work reflects on the effectiveness of the immediate team. Business acumen that goes beyond immediate team.
- Make judgments, recommendations and advises on analysis of factual information.
- Impact in terms of providing services/information on matters that assist others in controlling or making decisions.
- Job involves regular exchange of information and handling of difficult conversations.
- Developed communication skills to exchange complicated information.
- Problem solving most likely to apply in an existing Business environment.
- Good understanding of the structure, organisation, processes and culture of Line of Business, so as to be able to support implementation of appropriate PM&C approaches.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £45.00 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.