Senior Network Engineer
Other aspects of the role include:
- The provision of IT and Network technical solutions and support to project requirements
- Continuous improvement of network engineering capabilities, maintaining a leading edge capability
- Leading the planning, delivery and assurance of customer and in house work packages
- Management, oversight, direction and guidance to allocated project team members, through the planning and delivery of projects
- The production of all essential project documents and internal work instructions.
- The production of network engineering technical input into bid preparation and contracts
- The development and implementation of policies, standards and procedures for network engineering activities
- Customer liaison on all network engineering risks and issues
- Remaining available, on occasions, for the provision of an on-call, out of hours support service for urgent operational requirements.
You’ll be a part of a successful business where working as ‘one’ counts for everything. The role will ensure that you are fully supported and receive the ongoing training and development you require to be the very best you can be in the role.
To succeed in this role, we are looking for the following in you:
- The ability to gain SC clearance (essential security requirement)
- A willingness to gain DV clearance to allow you to work on a wider range of projects in the role
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP or CompTIA level certification or equivalent industry experience
- Proven and demonstrable network engineering experience, operating at a senior level, preferably in the government/defence sector
- Experience in network design, LAN/WAN technologies, routing, switching, firewalls, secure tunneling, WIFI, WAN optimization, IP schema design, VOIP/VTC, network management & monitoring, protective monitoring etc.
- Experience of the full engineering lifecycle; design/development, test & acceptance, configuration management, in service support
- The ability to meet with customers and build relationships, and to travel to customers sites when required
- Holder of a full UK driving licence, with the ability to travel, when required
- Management and configuration of crypto in government/defence environment
- Understanding of good security practices in the government/defence environment
- A credible level of experience of Network engineering, preferably gained in the government / defence sector.
- Cyber and Security experience.
- Server storage configuration
- Linux administration and configuration
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment