Senior Network Engineer – Combat Systems
Network development including: design, analysis, configuration, testing and fixing issues with the network infrastructure or application components. Your role will be to ensure that communications function across the network architecture and that the network’s performance meets the necessary requirements. You would also provide direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations on RN platforms to support the various aspects of overall Combat System integration.
- Substantial Network Engineering experience with exposure Juniper, Dell Fabric, Cisco routing and switching
- Substantial Network Engineering experience in network systems/infrastructure design (Visio, Excel, words, Documentation)
- Experiences to include, Network Management Systems, PRTG.
- Experience in formal network test design and configuration including, Xena network tool, Wireshark, IP flow, SOIP, USBOIP etc.
- Good Knowledge of software scripting, (API, Web Service, syslog etc.)
- Experience in Network security (firewalls and IDS) design and implementation.
- Experience in WAN design and configuration to include but limited to: All WAN media, Packet shaper, WAN accelerator (Riverbed)
- Worked in a secure environment with understanding of MOD working practices
- Good understanding of VMware
- An understanding of how to configure and setup Juniper, Dell and Fortinet Firewalls
- Experience with configuring and installing client and server network software
- Knowledge of Local Area Networking (LAN) and/or Wide Area Networking (WAN) technologies
- An understanding of the technology behind a switched architecture and its workings (DNS, DHCP, Security, IP Switching/Routing, HTTP, VPN, etc.)
- Current Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP or CCNA/CCNP and/or CCDA certification
- Experience of working with Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables (Cat 5-6), Fibre Optics, Racks LAN, WAN, TCP/IP (Ethernet)
- Network Management & Monitoring Systems e.g. PRTG and Solarwinds
A good knowledge of all phases of the software lifecycle but with particular experience in Integration & Acceptance and ideally knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Windows Server 2003 & 2008; SQL experience
- Other operating systems including VMware ESXi Server 4/5, Linux (SUSE /RedHat).Working knowledge of various VMware tools.
- Working knowledge of SAN Technologies.
PLEASE NOTE: This poition has been assessed as being INSIDE IR35
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.