Senior Maintenance Engineer
Senior Maintenance Engineer
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Scotstoun as a Senior Maintenance Engineer.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work independently to support the delivery of the T26 Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) programme, facilitating supplier and subject matter expert (SME) engagement to produce new RCM studies.
- Present RCM studies to MoD, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and other stake holders at the Maintenance Working Group, Maintenance Review and Acceptance Board MRAB and MoD audit process
- Review and recommend updates to existing GFX RCM and non RCM maintenance schedules already held in the Integrated UMMS Environment.
- Review and comment on the suitability of supplier engineering and ILS documents; including in store, in build and dormant maintenance schedules.
- Support management of the IUE for input and “Set Live” of maintenance schedules, planning and recording maintenance completed until Formal Acceptance of Equipment.
- Provide data to technical authors to produce Maintenance Task Instructions (MTIs) including the work-in-way/work-in-wake elements.
- Support and update of maintenance team sponsored documentation.
- Produce removal procedures aligned to the removal route key plan, liaising with waterfront support organisations to ensure the equipment removal route procedures (ERRP) meets their requirements.
- Identify potential risks to the programme and provide potential remedial actions.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of both maintenance team activities and the overall Project.Support T26 deliverables in accordance with project(s) scope of supply and Scope of Work
- Produce, present and deliver RCM studies into the UMMS environment.
- Assist in the compilation of Business Procedures/Project Working Instructions and processes as directed by Principal Maintenance Engineer(s).
- Peer review maintenance team RCM studies and sponsored documentation.
- Ensure that T26 derived maintenance schedules for Pressure Vessel, Relief Valve and Flexible Hoses conform to the required current statutory and legislative requirements e.g. British Standards, SOLAS, MCA, Lloyds and RN.
- Provide SQEP to the support safety team and the Haz ID process, ensuring the T26 is safe to maintain and operate.
- Manage maintenance schedules and tasks within the UMMS environment. Provide data capture for equipment in store, in build and post commissioning and produce system MTI’s and removal routes for contracted systems.
- Liaise between Internal customers, external stakeholders, Maritime Services, the customer and other interested parties in order to drive forward key contract objectives and deliverables to ensure that they are on time and on budget.
- Ensure that Maintenance team support and guidance to stakeholders is of the highest achievable standard and provides the project and the customer with an effective compliant maintenance solution.
Key skills & qualifications
- Be either (desirable) Degree or HND/HNC qualified or have good technical and professional experience in a mechcanical or electrical disipline.
- Have knowledge of ILS principals and RCM methodology.
- Be computer literate and able to use the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Sound understanding and experience of the maritime industry.
- The ability to establish and maintain functional networking internally and externally, with good industry or MoD experience.
- Knowledge of key company and MoD processes.
- Practical understanding of the partnering between Government and private sector (joint project team).
- Stakeholder interaction, guidance and control in a complex build environment.
- Good understanding of industry and MoD management tools and processes.
- Familiarity with in service support requirements of RN Vessels.
- Maintain BAE Systems principles with regards code of conduct and ethics.
- Ensure safety issues relating to products and services are properly evaluated and addressed.
- Logical, analytical and practical problem solving skills.
- Ability to seek alternatives / innovative solutions to resolve issues.
- Ability to understand strategic through to detailed technical issues.
- Ability to plan, conduct, manage and deliver excellence in the articulation and resolution of complex problems.
- Understanding of when design compromises can and cannot be made and authority to substantiate the decision and stick with it.
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £50.01 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.