Senior Financial Accountant
SENIOR FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Glascoed as a Senior Financial Accountant.
The role will be an initial 15 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to improve internal procedures and standardise processes across multiple accounting systems
Hybrid working available
- Being the Subject Matter Expert (SME), process owner and understanding the team strategy working with the Financial Accounting manager to deliver this.
- Supervising, maintaining and operating financial systems and processes in a constantly changing environment.
- Monthly and yearly reporting in line with company deadlines.
- Examining and analysing financial information presenting findings (written and verbal) to senior management.
- Managing the financial close processes and timetables to deliver the monthly reporting requirements, ensuring it is completed accurately and on time through the various review stages.
- Leading the data input on various accounting systems as part of the monthly financial close process including preparation/approval of monthly journals.
- Reviewing journals and balance sheet reconciliations for accuracy & ensuring the integrity of the Nominal Ledger with all accounts reconciled and approved monthly. This will include the requirement to conduct monthly Balance Sheet reviews / aged reconciling item reviews with the finance contacts and/or Financial Controllers / Finance Directors.
- Leading the ongoing reduction of reconciling item numbers and identifying methods to drive down items arising on a recurrent basis.
- Developing good understanding of the various businesses including Timetables, Chart of Accounts, Service Level Agreements, Accounting Systems, processes, systems and business.
- Developing strong relationships with your finance contacts, through regular interaction ensuring a high level of service is maintained.
- Leading the team in various compliance and continuous improvement activities. Identifying, implementing and driving value added activities throughout the organisation.
- Supporting internal and external audit requests and various other compliance activities.
- Providing technical accounting support to the wider team.
- Providing support and deputising for the Financial Accounting Manager when required.
- Supervision of a team of Accountants to ensure the smooth running of a team including providing operational direction.
- Ensure all tasks are completed in line with the process to ensure all Financial Controls are adhered to.
- Actively engaging in regular personal development reviews with the team, managing absence, recruitment activities.
- Act as a point of escalation for queries or issues resulting from tasks within the team
Key skills & qualifications
- Fully qualified accounting professional, ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent
- Have a good understanding of Financial Controls and Data Protection regulations
- Knowledge of SAP and Hyperion – Desirable
What we’re looking for in you
- Strong analytical skills and a vigilant approach to problem solving
- IT skills, particularly in the use of Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills demonstrating excellent customer service
- Strong organisational skills and a clear communicator
- Good decision making and influencing skills with a flexibility with an appetite for change
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who is able to prioritise multiple activities
Rate: £30.86 per hour (Inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.