Senior Equipment Engineer
SENIOR EQUIPMENT ENGINEER
We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Warton as a Senior Equipment Engineer.
The role will be an initial 12-month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to work as a Equipment Engineer within Typhoon Avionics responsible for the generation of Equipment and System Specifications, technical assessments off potential Suppliers submission and making selection recommendations.
This role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
(1) Deriving equipment requirements from system requirements and writing of tecnichal specifications for the necessary airborne computers, displays, controls, recording devices and other system components.
(2) Technical assessment of proposals from potential suppliers and down select recommendation.
(3) Managing equipment development programmes
(4) Supporting customer reviews and demonstrations.
Key skills & qualifications
(1) Essential – Experience of Typhoon equipment development programmes.
(2) Essential – Knowledge and experienced in the application of complex electronic components (DO-254) and Multi-core Processors in aerospace applications.
(3) Essential – Qualification and certification of airborne systems.
(4) Essential – Fluent in English
What we’re looking for in you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £46.38 per hour (inside IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.