We have an exciting new contract opportunity based in Scotstoun as a Senior Engineer.
The role will be an initial 6 month contract and will provide you with the opportunity to be liaising regularly with relevant stakeholders including Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and engineering leads across BAE Systems, MoD approval authorities, and equipment suppliers.
- Review of T26 systems; focussed on delivery of Equipment Breakdown Structures / iBOM data loader (E206s), plus Technical Equipment Specifications and other Supplier deliverables
- Development of good working relations with suppliers to provide proactive advice and guidance to co-ordinate / manage, oversee and assist them to deliver high quality Support deliverables right first time and on schedule
- Integrated working with other related Support teams to ensure timely delivery of E206s
- Review documents, as relevant, generated by other members of the Support team eg FMECAs, RCM, LORA
- Provision of high quality information to the Principal DfS Engineer / Design for Supportability Manager for input to SOFT and CAM reviews
- To provide Design for Supportability advice and guidance to other Maritime projects as and when required
- Delivery of Support deliverables in accordance with project(s) scope of supply and Scope of Work
- Ability to work constructively both within a team and across the project to ensure key objectives are met
- Ability to work under time pressure whilst adhering to schedule
- Responsible for self and quality of own work
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to form strong relationships with customer; project stakeholders and Suppliers
- Able to understand and communicate technical information to peers and other stakeholders including Control Account Managers, Technical Authorities, MoD Approval Authority and Navy Personnel
- Maritime Services’ contribution for delivering a Global Combat Ship into service that is a maintainable, operable and supportable solution
Key skills & qualifications
- Degree or HND/HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical/Electrical/Marine Engineering or related field) or Marine (RN or Commercial) experience beneficial
- Experience of Platform or Wholeship or similar Systems
- Demonstrable experience in Logistics Support Analysis (LSA)
- A working practical and/or theoretical understanding of the Supportability of complex warships at sea and in maintenance, upgrade, and repair
- Logical, analytical and practical problem-solving skillset
- Able to make judgements based on own knowledge, experience and by analysis of data
- Ability to plan, conduct, manage and deliver excellence in the articulation of and resolution to problems
What we’re looking for in you
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Well-developed analytical/ problem solving/ decision making skills.
Strong organisational skills who is adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Stakeholder management skills.
Rate: £50.01 per hour (INSIDE IR35)
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.