Senior Engineer- Safety Engineering (Legislation)
Senior Engineer – Safety Engineering
The Senior Engineer – Product Safety – Legislation shall provide support to the Engineering Delivery Manager
to ensure that the Legal conformity of products is managed and maintained.
The Senior Engineer (Product Safety) shall:
- Support the technical assessment of products in order to provide through life support to Engineering and other business functions in BAE Systems Maritime -Submarines (BAESM-S)
- Support the review and approval of Product documentation
- Conformity of the Product Breakdown structure
- Material assessment
- Spatial Arrangements
- Operation and activities associated with the products
- Procurement/ Supplier responses
- Support the development , maintenance and upkeep of core documentation with regard to:
- Product Legislation Management conformity report
- Legislation registers
- Principles, Processes and Plans
- Specific Project Deliverables
- Surveillance of changes to legislation.
- Presentation and guidance
- Support the provision of Product Legislation support and guidance to Engineering and other functions within BAESM-S.
- Support the audit of legislative conformity of BAESM-S products.
- Organise and run meetings, workshops, desktop studies, walk downs etc. as required to support deliverables.
- Participate in the appropriate meetings and Working Groups.
- Product legislation management.
- Document review.
- Upkeep of the product legislation database.
- Technical report writing.
Subject Knowledge and Qualifications
- Degree qualified/ NVQ Level 5 or equivalent experience in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) related discipline.
- Capable of achieving the appropriate Professional Institution membership level as detailed in the Part 1 role profile.
- MS Office proficient – Word, Excel etc.
- Demonstrable understanding of BAESM-S products through their lifecycle.
- Experience of working with legislation compliance/ conformity
- Experience of managing data integrity and large data sets in data bases such as but not limited to Team Centre, SIMPLIFI, Lexis Nexis and Euro-lex
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.